Senior Enterprise Data Architect / Data Modeler
About the General Motors Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) team:
GM has recently announced numerous steps to strengthen its position as a global automotive leader. GM is constructing an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) as one of the cornerstones to achieve this objective. As a member of the EDW team you will play a significant role in helping GM implement one of the largest data warehouses in the world. GM is seeking dynamic individuals who will leverage their industry knowledge and experiences to design, architect, deploy, and manage this data warehouse.
About the role:
The Senior Enterprise Data Architect \ Data Modeler position is a highly technical position with responsibility to lead the development, validation, publishing, and maintenance of logical and physical data models required to migrate existing independent data marts into the EDW, and for new business requirements to be implemented using the EDW.
A key responsibility is to work with other key roles such as Business Analysts, Data Architects, DBAs, etc.
The Senior Enterprise Data Architect \ Data Modeler will be expected to leverage their knowledge of data modeling best practices along with cross industry data expertise and data modeling tool expertise.
The Senior Enterprise Data Architect \ Data Modeler must be capable of working under general direction from a Senior Data Modeler/Senior Data Architect.
- 4 Year IT College Degree/Masters preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years in business environments in Data Modeling
- Demonstrable experience in developing, validating, publishing, maintaining LOGICAL data models with exposure to or experience in developing, validating, publishing, maintaining PHYSICAL data models
- Demonstrable experience using data modeling tools - e.g., ErWin
- Evaluate existing data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies
- Experience with managing meta data for data models
- Demonstrable experience in developing, publishing, and maintaining all documentation for data models
- Work with Business Analysts, Data Architects, Software developers, DBAs to achieve project objectives - delivery dates, cost objectives, quality objectives, business customer satisfaction objectives, etc.
- Leverage and enforce standards for data naming conventions to ensure consistency and reuse of data models
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts
- Validate business use cases for accuracy and completeness of proposed data models
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value. The Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) is at the center of this IT transformation.
Join our team and experience data warehousing at a scale and pace not seen before!