Director, Advanced Analytics
The position of Director, Advanced Analytics will lead the development of complex analytic projects aimed at building a more robust evidence base for psychosocial rehabilitation as Fountain House extends its reputation as a national thought leader in transforming the lives of people with serious mental illness. We need a quantitative methodologist (e.g., clinical statistician, biostatistician, economist, etc.) to design statistical approaches to answering complex empirical questions, translate data driven programming analyses towards operational best-practices, build sophisticated economic models to understand multi-faceted impact of care models, and employ a range of health services research methods to evaluate the relative outcomes of different approaches to supporting people with serious mental illness.
This leader will also work collaboratively with the Chief Research & Knowledge Officer and Chief Information Officer to build infrastructure that facilitates data sharing, reporting & analysis across a national network of affiliate clubhouses (psychosocial rehabilitation care providers). This leader will also oversee the data analytic group within the Research & Knowledge team.
This role will provide a critical link in our strategy to solidify our position as a national policy and practice not-for-profit organization. This position provides an exciting opportunity to play a key role in building the evidence base and financial sustainability models that will support transformation of care for people living with serious mental illness.
Please Note: This position can accommodate NYC, NJ, CT, DC or VA residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the data & analytics group on the Research & Knowledge team
- Translate operational data into programming insights and evaluations of support service outcomes
- Build economic models for value-based & alternative payment models
- Develop strategy that allows for financial sustainability and data-driven quality improvement for clubhouses and related psychosocial rehabilitation care models
- Develop methods for sharing quantitative data across Fountain House’s affiliate network of clubhouses in collaboration with the Chief Research & Knowledge Officer, the Chief Information Officer, and other partners
- Ensure meaningful analytics are shared with Fountain House operational team in a timely and meaningful fashion
- Engage in relevant partnerships to further the research and evidence necessary to advance Fountain House’s research & knowledge objectives
- Conduct research & write up relevant findings
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Deep expertise in economics, statistics, and other quantitative research methods
- Experience in analyzing/translating operational data in health service delivery models towards outcomes and quality assessments
- Experience in developing complex economic & financial models
- Familiarity with the challenges in managing highly varied & non-normalized data
- Relevant content expertise in clinical and social services, preferably with experience in value-based & other alternative payment models
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Ability to work with people & organizations that have a wide range of research capabilities
- Strong people management skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND CREDENTIALS
- Master’s degree (doctoral degree preferred) in economics, biostatistics, health services research, or other social services research field
- 8-10 years direct experience preferred
- 5+ years of managerial experience required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet all physical requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions