NoSQL Database Engineer
Expedia is seeking experienced IT professionals interested in NoSQL Database Engineering (Hadoop, Cassandra, Hbase and MongoDB). . This will be a rich, rewarding opportunity for the right professional, including exposure to some of the best IT talent and technologies in the world. The NoSQL Database Engineer will work among a team of database & storage engineers focused on defining road maps, standards, use cases and optimizing performance
- Research, evaluate and recommend NoSQL products and monitoring/management tools.
- Research, evaluate and recommend NoSQL solutions (existing & emerging) and best use cases for them.
- Conduct system performance evaluations.
- Research, evaluate and make available patches, new releases and functionality enhancements.
- Assist Development Teams in designing, modeling and validating NoSQL solutions for their applications.
- Independently develop and sustain technical knowledge, certifications and skills.
- Effectively multi-task handling day-to-day assignments given moderate directions and supervision.
- Extensive familiarity with Linux operating system administration.
- Some experience engineering and/or administering NoSQL infrastructure.
- Proficient with one or more Apache Software Foundation Big Data & Database projects such as Cassandra, Hadoop, Hbase, MongoDB, Flume and etc.
- Proficient with installing, configuring, administering, using and benchmarking NoSQL solutions.
- Knowledgeable in designing, developing & documenting use cases.
- Proficient with common developer tool sets such as Java, XML, JSON, REST, Shell, Perl and etc.
- 2 yrs. minimum engineering &/or supporting NoSQL solutions.
- Large scale web-commerce platform
- Four (4) year degree or equivalent experience.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
Bellevue, WA 98004