Sr. Database Administrator
Enova is currently seeking a talented Senior Database Administrator to join our team; problem-solvers, self-directors and action-oriented thinkers are required. Candidates will be expected to hit the ground running with deep Postgres and Sky tools experience. We set the bar high, so extreme attention to detail and high standards for the work you do are a must. You’ll immediately be immersed in Enova’s fast-paced environment, managing, administering, developing and delivering very large scale, high-availability systems.
- Candidate will be responsible for the monitoring and uptime of all production databases
- Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any need downtime
- Lead projects independently and work with other members of the team to ensure its success
- Learn and stay current with the features and functionality of Postgresql
- Recognize and recommend new equipment to solve needs and to perform the necessary stress testing of the recommended equipment
- Analyze, recommend, and implement configuration and hardware changes
- Plan, manage, and execute large scale projects
- Backup, recover, replication, resource monitoring
- Participate in a 24×7 support rotation
- Support complex web-based applications
- Regularly interact with non-technical management and clients
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years of professional DBA work experience, with a minimum 1 year professional experience deeply focused on Postgresql
- PostgreSQL and other ‘real’ database experience a must
- Strong working knowledge of SQL a must
- Scripting in languages such as Bash, Perl, Ruby
- Capable of writing and debugging Unix shell scripts
- Comfortable with the Unix command line
- Experience with Postgres Master-Slave replication via Skytools and Slony is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate a keen interest in techniques and technologies such as database performance, monitoring, and enhancement, SQL-optimization, data store architecture & design, big data challenges and the relevant optimizations, high-availability and the reliability of large systems, fault-tolerance, and efficiency (code & systems), to name a few.
- Experience supporting large numbers of users in multiple locations
- Experience with MS SQL, SAS, ETL or ETL Tools
- Experience with high availability environments with large data volumes at multiple locations
- Experience with Linux or flavors of Unix from perspective of system administration in production environment
Why work for Enova?
We’re proud to say that we work amongst the best and the brightest. We encourage collaboration between teams and in return we simply ask for our employees to be eager, driven and laugh at our jokes from time to time. Want to institute a new idea? Speak up! Want to take on a new challenge? Tackle it! Our open door policy and unlimited growth potential ensures that anyone can become a leader as long as they’re willing to put in the work.
Get a glimpse at some of the perks of being an employee at Enova…
- Tuition reimbursement for those itching to get another degree.
- Paid Sabbatical Leave for those needing some time to recharge.
- Onsite perks! Our “Chill Hub”, haircuts, yoga sessions, manicures and massages.
- Casual dress code means the freedom to wear jeans and flip flops.
- We know you’re human and things come up! We can provide flexibility on hours depending on your role and the department needs.
- Don’t have time for breakfast? Our kitchens are stocked with plenty of food options that are grab-and-go ready.
- Working in the office super late? Dinner is on us.
- Want to decorate your office? Fish tanks and bean bag chairs are encouraged.
- Dry cleaning services available that will return your garments right to your door.
- Prime downtown Chicago location.
If you thrive in an environment where you are constantly challenged, motivated, and have fun while working, read below to see if this position fits you. We look forward to reading your application!
Chicago, IL 60606