Sr Software Engineer - Natural Language Engineer
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
- Build cool things – Code/design/pattern software around awesome cutting-edge technologies. We operate in real-time with high-availability – in a variety of languages.
- Innovate and inspire – Design frameworks to transform our experiences in new ways to fans.
- Have pride – Ensure performance isn’t our weakness by implementing and refining robust services, platforms and availability.
- Grow with us – Help us stay ahead of the curve by working closely with architects and engineers, to design systems which can scale.
- Experience – Have 6+ years of experience developing with a mix of languages (Java, Scala, Bash, etc.) and frameworks to implement data applications, processing, and serving technologies. Experience with real-time and very large scalable online systems are preferred.
- NLP - Experience with NLP/text analytics including techniques such as entity recognition and linking, text classification, semantic parsing, topic modeling and disambiguation.
- Have a technology toolbox – Hands on experience with newer technologies such as services on AWS, Java, Python, etc. You’ll have plenty of experience with developing in a cloud native environment.
- Problem solver – Enjoy new and meaningful technology or business challenges which require you to think and respond quickly.
- Passion and creativity – Are passionate technology, & creative innovation.
- Affinity for sports.
- Experience working with AWS, including serverless architectures (Lambda) and Natural Language Understanding (Lex) know-how.
- Experience with Spring Cloud and/or Spring Boot.
- Experience with common NLP frameworks/libraries in Java and/or Python such as Stanford CoreNLP, NLP4J, NLTK and spaCy.
- Experience with Apache open source such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka.
- Experience developing voice systems for Alexa/Siri/Google Home.
- Experience developing and scaling up REST APIs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline, or its equivalent.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline, or its equivalent.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.