Data Scientist/Product Manager - Data Analytics Platform
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
Data Scientist/Technical Product Manager - Consumer Data Management role will lead and directly manage key parts of the Consumer Data Platform product vision, development and execution. This role will play a critical role in advancing our personalization initiatives through development of a user360 view, implicit personalization capabilities and data visualization tools. In addition, the role will also be responsible to evangelize the technical platform and data assets across the company to achieve buy into the platform and help make it central to all Consumer related data needs. This product role is part of the Data Platforms team in the Technology organization in ESPN.
This role requires close collaboration with other technical product owners, platform & consumer data engineering, ESPN research & analytics, digital product and ESPN sales & marketing
The right candidate will be able to articulate a platform and product vision and be capable of blending the needs from different technical & business groups into a well formed technical product & platform road map. Furthermore, this person will have a diverse background and a demonstrable track record of successfully building and managing scaled, high-quality, innovative data platforms and technical services for a internal or external consumer organization. The right candidate must be a self-motivated, team player who can contribute to the overall business objectives of the organization. This person must be able to work closely with other internal and external product and technology experts.
- Define and lead the overall product vision, scope, requirements, usability of end user facing products built off of the Consumer Data Platform including our user360, visualization tools and implicit personalization capabilities
- In partnership with the broader Consumer Data leadership team, Consumer data engineering and core business users -- prioritize and lead product feature development against priorities and other product platform opportunities.
- Help build a consistent Master Data Management process and governance policy across the organization
- Define, communicate and analyze success metrics for the consumer data platform
- Proposes multiple potential solutions for complex or new problems or processes and makes objective recommendations as to which direction should be taken.
- Provides transparency and recommendations on project trade-offs and provides dependency coordination.
- Performs with a wide degree of latitude on creative solutions.
- Continually assesses and integrates internal and external customer feedback and business metrics.
- Stays on top of market trends to determine new or enhanced product capabilities that positively impact fan experience.
- 4 years experience as a Data Scientist or experience as a technical product manager working very closely with Data Scientist on big data, database management, and Enterprise software products
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the enterprise technology domain, such as Cloud technologies, open source, and analytics
- Hands-on Experience with Master Data Management, modeling, data science and governance; preferably within the consumer space.
- Comfortable working with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, RedShift, Cassandra)Experience building and designing products that utilize both real time as well as batch data streams at scale.
- Ability to write and validate SQL queries and to ensure data is validated
- Demonstrated data driven decision making capabilities. Strong analytical skills using Omniture, Localytics, Google Analytics or related products with applicable experience in using analytics to influence product decisions
- Experience taking direction and input from multiple sources and creating a shared product vision
- Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse scope of projects requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment.
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex data products
- Passionate sports fan and familiarity with ESPN’s products and services
- Strong communication skills
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.