Senior Data Architect
As a senior architect on our team, you will work collaboratively with software architects, developers, directors, product management, and client services to deliver an OLTP solution as the foundation for our flagship SaaS product. You will participate in all N tiers of the application. As senior architect, your purview will also span the domains of data warehouse and business intelligence to deliver ad hoc reporting to support evolving business reporting needs.
- 5+ years’ experience in a data architect role with deep knowledge of Enterprise Data Architecture concepts
- Experience in defining, designing, and implementing Conceptual Data Models, Logical Data Models, and finally to Physical Data Models
- Experience as lead in architecting and supporting the DB tier
- Ability to self-author clear, direct architectural artifacts that can be consumed by peer-architects, peer-developers, peer-program managers, and peer-testers.
- Ability to design and vet multiple technical solutions and provide technical guidance to management on the best option.
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Education:
- Experience in scaling strategies including data partitioning, sharding, replication, and federation
- Familiarity with SaaS solutions
- Strong understanding of performance tuning
- Enterprise Database experience with multiple technologies, e.g. Oracle, MS SQL server, Netezza, and others
- SQL skills imperative
- Skills in C, C++, C#
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, or a related study (Master’s degree preferred).
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact at detail levels with technical team and with product management
- Exceptional problem solving, troubleshooting, planning, and organizational navigation skills
- 5+ years of industry experience developing software products or delivering enterprise-scale OLTP and OLAP solutions
- Ability to see emerging technology trends in industry and bring that knowledge to work group
- Nice to have: Start-up experience, experience with No-SQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.) and big data distributions
- Familiar with Data Warehouse (star, snowflake schemas, ETL) and BI tools across the stack
- Experience with device-driven SaaS solutions
San Diego, CA 92123