At Drip, we believe any ecommerce brand should have the tools to connect with their customers and compete online. Learn more about Drip and how we empower independent brands to grow beyond their wildest dreams.
About the opportunity:
As the Data Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining our analytical infrastructure that will democratize our data and enable our Product, Go-To-Market, Finance and Leadership teams. You will build, test, deploy, and operate the systems that deliver these capabilities and be responsible for creating data set processes for verification, acquisition, mining, and modeling. You’ll work in community with the functional Analysts to ensure data is providing actionable insights to support Drip’s growth.
Learn more about how we work together here: https://dripships.gold
Some of your contributions will include:
- Building required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources using various technologies such as Redshift, Airflow, ECS, DBT, QuickSight and Metabase.
- Identifying, designing and implementing internal process improvements including optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
- Collaborate with functional Data Analysts to evolve how we surface data to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with the team to “democratize” data, through education, documentation and by enabling data through tools like Segment.
What You Might Have Done Before:
- Built processes that support data transformation, workload management, data structures, dependency and metadata
- Built well tested data pipelines, ensuring high operational availability through monitoring and alerting as well as high data fidelity.
- Manipulated, processed and extracted value from large disconnected datasets
- Built and maintained a customer data pipeline in tools like Segment or Tealium
- Participated in or led the data democratization effort in an organization.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years experience in Data Engineering roles
- Integrate disparate systems, use APIs, and operate them with high availability
- Experience with cloud services
- Experience with object-oriented scripting languages: Python, Java, Ruby etc.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with customer data platforms like Segment or Tealium
- Understanding of the SaaS business model, KPIs and workflows
- A strong communicator of data, written, visually, and orally
The Interview Process:
- Apply, nice to meet you!
- Recruiter Phone Screen - 30 min
- Coding Assessment - 45 min
- Hiring Manager Video Screen - 30 min
- Team Video Interview - around 4 hours
- Team Debrief, we will meet to discuss openly about our conversations and share feedback for the hiring managers final decision. Regardless of outcome, every candidate will get an update from Drip on their interview status quickly.
- Offer, we will call the candidate that we hope will be the next Dripster hire!
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our wildly talented and in-touch leadership team
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Digital first culture - many of our crew members work remotely. We have a hub in Minneapolis, MN and a European Hub in Aarhus, Denmark for in person collaboration.
- Finally, just good humans...no jerks!
Compensation: $100,000 - 120,000 Annually
In order to create a space of trust with our crew, we publicize quite a bit, including compensation ranges for each of our positions. We select our initial range through national compensation survey data. And then factor in things like tenure, performance, and geographic location to come up with the most accurate numbers. Are you outside the range we’ve provided above? No problem. We encourage you to still apply, and provide us with your compensation expectations when you do. We’re big on open conversations, so, let’s have one.
Working for a successful early-stage tech company (ahem, Drip) is something we consider to be a unique and exciting opportunity. As part of the best team ever (yes, we really feel this way), you’ll work hard and encounter exciting challenges and adventures along the way. In the same vein, our positions come with some pretty amazing advantages, opportunities, and fulfillment. So bring your best self and your strongest oars to the Drip crew boat, and we'll bring great stuff in return.
Drip is an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We embrace diversity of perspective and ideas which leads to people’s growth, product innovation and ultimately a successful business.