Principal Data Engineer/Analytics (Remote)
Dragos is looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic Principal Data Engineer interested in developing solutions to help safeguard the world’s industrial infrastructure in a highly collaborative team at Dragos. We set our goal as best in class and are looking for team players who set these same standards for themselves.
- Technical Leadership to drive the product forward, diagnose problems, document implementation details, and mentor the team
- Align with architects and find gaps in requirements
- Implement strategies for improving integration, testability, and efficiency
- Develop core components of our Dragos platform written in python and bash (java and ruby are also useful)
- Design and develop highly scalable analytics code for detecting cyber threat activity
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient code
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle (agile scrum)
- Prepare and produce releases of software components (Atlassian stack)
- Support continuous improvement by investigating and presenting alternative technologies for team review
- Refactoring and improving existing code for performance and simplicity
- Support data ingest of network data into the Elastic stack (ELK - Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Airflow)
- Write automated unit tests that will ensure the integrity of our software
- 10+ years of Software Development/Engineering experience
- 7+ years in software development interpreted languages such as Python
- 3+ years of Technical Leadership experience
- Experience with Elasticsearch (Index Configuration, Sharding, Partitioning, Aliases, Performance Tuning Clusters) or similar technology stack is highly desired
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with the team both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively with the team to brainstorm solutions
- Full understanding of software development principles and design patterns
- Ability to multitask on several complex programming assignments while simultaneously balancing multiple deadlines and priorities
- Personal initiative, self-motivation, and results-oriented work ethic, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working with microservice system architecture and design patterns
- US Permanent Resident or US Citizen (Must be able to pass background checks)
One or more of the following
- Experience with Elastic Stack, including Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Apache Airflow, RabbitMQ, or related technologies
- Experience with Kubernetes (K8S/K3S, Helm) and Linux-based OS development (Debian, Ubuntu, etc.)
- 3+ years of Networking Experience, such as network analysis, network administration, or protocol dissector development
Dragos seeks passionate, hard-working, fun-loving, small-ego, big-brained people. Our tagline is “Safeguarding Civilization” not because we think highly of ourselves, but because the problems we are solving are critically important, today and in the years to come. We look for ICS experts across industries who are committed to growing global expertise in the space by training the next wave of future innovators and thought leaders.
We offer competitive salaries, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401K and life insurance.
Dragos is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Come join us!