Lead Data Science Engineer
BE THE STRATEGY BEHIND THE GAME.
We are seeking a Lead Data Science Engineer to be part of our team of algorithm enthusiasts and data experts to take charge in engineering and designing our technical infrastructure. When joining us, you’ll lead an advanced algorithm design and development to strengthen our products that our customers love. If you’re passionate about tying together what makes the customer experience top-tier via cutting-edge technology, then we think you’ll love it here. Sound good to you? Join us!
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A LEAD DATA SCIENCE ENGINEER:
- Lead advanced algorithm design and development.
- Leverage machine learning and quantitative techniques to produce models and systems that solve important business problems.
- Take ownership of engineering design, development, deployment, and operations of the data science technical infrastructure.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders across the company to plan and execute valuable data science projects.
- Lead design sessions and ensure your team delivers high-quality work that aligns with the DraftKings engineering strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Have experience as the ‘expert’ on a data science team.
- Expertise in a programming language like Python, Java, C#, or C++.
- Have a deep understanding of quantitative methods, notably writing code to navigate machine learning and data analysis.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-experts.
- Knowledge of Recommender Systems, Contextual Bandits, and/or Causal Interference is a plus.
- Have an intuitive sense of how quantitative work aligns with business priorities.
WHO ARE WE A GOOD FIT FOR?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
WE ARE DRAFTKINGS.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
READY TO BUILD WHAT’S NEXT? APPLY NOW.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.