Enterprise DBA Manager
Why Join Us?
You’ve probably heard of ValueClick, and may know something about what we do. We’re a company about endless possibilities. With many of the strongest businesses in Media (ValueClick Media), CRM (Dotomi), Mobile (Greystripe), Affiliate (Commission Junction), and Technology (Mediaplex) ValueClick, Inc. transforms client businesses – and the industry – every day! The key to our success is a culture of empowerment that emphasizes responsibility, accountability, and a really awesome spirit of teamwork.
And that success has driven our tremendous growth. Every day we work with more than 400 blue chip companies including 3 of the top 4 cellular carriers, 7 of the top 10 car manufacturers, 8 out of 10 pharmaceutical companies, 70 of the top 100 retailers, and 97 of the top travel companies, to name just a few of the categories where we dominate in providing powerful marketing solutions that drive stronger results than ANY competitor! It takes superstars to work here, and if that’s what you are, there’s no better place to make your mark!
We live eat sleep and breathe data. How to use it to better meet customer needs. How to make it the lynchpin of programs that drive extraordinary growth for your clients. Everyone talks about data in our industry; what’s different about us is our focus on making data actionable.
- Ensure 24/7/365 database administration support
- Evaluate current environments for HA/database replication opportunities
- Manage assigned DBA resource pool, internal and external
- Define and devise new monitoring, metrics, and alerting strategies
- Define and implement enterprise monitoring and incident response support for Adserver profiles hosted in Hadoop
- Ensure enterprise backup and recovery strategies are complete and regularly demonstrated
- Monitor and resolve locker/blocker and dead-lock issues
- Identify and kill zombie processes
- Analyze long-running SQL jobs to identify optimization opportunities
- Perform ongoing capacity and load performance testing including degradation profiles
- Analyze database parameters to ensure optimal resource utilization and operational state
- Stay up-to-date on latest features of all in-house database technologies
- Stay up-to-date on advancements in database technology, including OLTP, Data Warehousing and NoSQL and Disaster/Recovery best practices
- Experience in open source and Postgres environments required.
- Proactive logical and physical database design, including database consolidation, grouping, segregation and compartmentalization
- Develop entity-relationship diagrams for existing and new databases
- Define going-forward naming standards
- Analyze database activity to look for tuning opportunities – both at the database and the application level
- Work with Applications Teams to identify tuning opportunities
- Analyze stored procedures and triggers for optimization opportunities
Chicago, IL 60606