Senior Data Analyst
Disney Streaming Services
Disney Streaming Services is a place for the creative and the bold. We’re seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
Disney Streaming Services software engineers develop premium digital media products for Major League Baseball and our partners. The products we build, such as MLB.TV, NHL.TV, HBO NOW and PlayStation Vue are paving the way for the next-generation media and sport technologies.
Disney Streaming Services engineering is headquartered in the Chelsea area of New York, NY with an office in the SoMo area of San Francisco, CA and team members based around the world.
If you are interested in joining Disney Streaming Services in the pursuit of not only crafting new media products but enjoying the products you build, we are interested in hearing from you.
At Disney Streaming Services data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. The data engineering team is responsible for collecting, analyzing and distributing data using public cloud and open source technologies and offers transparency into customer behavior and business performance.
- Work closely with product owners to understand the metrics that drive the growth of business, and partner with them to fill any gaps
- Directly answer business questions by analyzing data in various environments such as cloud-hosted databases, spreadsheets, and data notebooks
- Develop a data sourcing strategy for data that is not readily available and influence upstream data providers to commit to delivering product needs
- Translate business and product analytics requirements into technical specifications and create precise and accurate stories and acceptance criteria to be used by analysts, engineers and report authors
- Produce clear and concise data workflow documents specifying new and existing data flows
- Look for data anomalies and recommend data validation requirements to increase data quality
- 3-5 years of experience writing SQL against large relational data warehouses
- 1-2 years of experience developing in data warehouse design
- Experience with SQL tools like Aqua Data Studio or Data Grip
- Excellent verbal and written communicator and able to convey requirements to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong partnering skills and ability to work within a collaborative environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Able to work independently and support several projects simultaneously
- Experience in digital marketing and A/B testing
- Experience with AWS hosted data environments and products like Redshift and RDS
- Familiarity with Python and data analysis tools and ecosystem like Jupyter and Pandas
- Experience in big data environments using tools like Hadoop, Hive and Spark
- Strong visualization skills and experience with Tableau
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.