Sr Software Engineer
Disney Parks & Resorts
Lead or participate in the architecture, design, and delivery of newly developed cloudnative applications and application migration from on premises data center deployments to a cloud provider.
Understand the offerings of various cloud providers to be able to design architectures to utilize managed services when appropriate, comparing various technical options to be able to make an informed choice supported by documented statistics.
Work across the organization with other interested Technology departments to drive innovation while supporting standardization.
- Participate in development projects in which a cloud component is included.
- Collaborate closely with the development teams, Solutions Engineering, and Reference Architecture teams to design cloudbased solutions for new development and cloud migration efforts.
- Understand endtoend architecture for both onpremises and cloud deployments
- hybrid architectures
- cloud offerings and managed options
- Service discovery
- Pilot new technologies
- Ensure basic security and monitoring standards are applied consistently across all cloud components deployed
- Provide oversight, guidance and mentoring to engineering, web development, quality engineering, and release management teams.
- Embrace and evangelize DevOps and development team autonomy
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Cloud development experience
- Solid architectural fundamentals
- Working knowledge of network concepts including the ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems
- Broad knowledge of caching mechanisms and workflows
- General knowledge of messaging and queueing
- Knowledge and respect for security requirements and solutions; mobile, web, internal, etc.
- Builds strong crossfunctional working relationships
- Automates software with continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Delivers enterprise software in Agile environments
- Communicates very well in written and verbal form
- Works autonomously
- Coordinates effectively in distributed team environment
- Manages simultaneous work streams with ease
- Conducts analysis to solve problems and define technical direction
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent