Senior Information Architect
Disney Parks & Resorts
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Senior Information Architect applied practical development experience on technology solution design across Walt Disney Attractions Technology (WDAT). The Senior Information Architect performs Technology Solutioning activities on small to medium projects as well as supporting Lead Information Architects in larger, complex projects. The Senior Information Architect identifies, plans, and coordinates a set of related technical activities on projects in support of specific business strategies. The Senior Information Architect works within the established Information Reference Architecture, researches new technologies, and conducts structured POCs to evaluate new technologies to enhance the Information Reference Architecture.
- Acting as a solution architect, work with business and technology cast members to define information needs and architect solutions in the form of a Solution Architecture that supports desired business and technical capabilities / requirements.
- Deliver hands-on components to support strategic and project-centric prototyping, proof-of-concept (POC), and solution prescriptions across emerging platforms
- Support the Information Management Reference Architecture and ensure the alignment of solutioning and delivery activities against the Reference Architecture.
- Produce artifacts in support of reference architecture advocacy and implementation, including authoring documentation, white papers, and presentations/diagrams for dissemination to technical and business audiences.â€¨
- Perform industry research for best practices in architecture and data management for current initiatives and proactively share this information as applicable with other members of the team.
- Research leading edge technologies for future projects and use cases, including Cloud and Big Data platforms, business rules/data classification engines, near-real-time reporting, integration technologies, and data virtualization.
- Conduct pre-project business problem elicitation, feasibility, and business case definition on projects of small to medium complexity.
- Ensuring quality business requirements for projects of small and medium complexity.
- Ensures business requirements are concise, complete, specific, and unambiguous and coordinates related business activities in support of specific business strategies.
- Drives business requirements to a sufficient level of detail to allow Architects and Software Engineers to design and implement appropriate solutions.
- Provides refined requirements into project iterations in time to allow design/delivery to commence.
- Resolves questions related to requirements or process.
- Delivers the required documentation during each stage of the project.
- Provides input into the RFI and RFP for third party/hardware/software selection, and assists in the assessment of responses against requirements.
- Demonstrated experience (3 – 5 years) in developing data, reporting, and analytic applications with demonstrated exposure to platforms such as AWS Cloud, Hadoop, Spark, or Kafka and languages such as Python, JAVA, or SQL
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings and influence the direction of projects with business and technology audiences.
- Ability to leverage and integrate technology components into an overall solution architecture in support of business requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Data Architecture, Data Warehousing, Advanced Analytic, Machine Learning or Data Science implementations.
- Demonstrated product and delivery experience across all tiers in the solutioning of information management solutions – from data sourcing to end-state delivery / consumption.
- Disciplined approach to the development and delivery of technology solutions.
- Experience presenting technical concepts and solutions to business and technology stakeholders.
- Ability to drive and influence change through innovation & process improvement.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
About Disney Parks & Resorts:
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are where dreams come true. More than sixty years ago, Walt Disney created a new kind of entertainment families could experience together, immersed in detailed atmospheres and vibrant storytelling. His vision now includes a collection of six of the world’s leading family vacation destinations – Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.; Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.; Tokyo Disney Resort, Urayasu, Chiba, Japan; Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallée, France; Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, located on Lantau Island; and Shanghai Disney Resort, Pudong New District, Shanghai, China. In addition, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts includes the world-class Disney Cruise Line; Disney Vacation Club; Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa; Adventures by Disney, a guided group vacation experience to some of the world’s most popular destinations; and Walt Disney Imagineering, which creates and designs all Disney parks, resorts and attractions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Parks & Resorts.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.