Marketing Analytics & Insights Manager
Disney Parks & Resorts
Consumer Insights, Measurement, & Analytics (CIMA) is a team within Walt Disney Parks & Resorts (WDP&R) Global Marketing & Sales that is focused on inspiring consumer-centric, data-driven, high return decision making that leverages insights and relevant data at the core of every business decision. This role within CIMA will coordinate efforts to influence Marketing and Media spend to generate the highest Return on Investment possible and influence and inform Marketing strategy development and enterprise-wide executive-level decision-making by measuring, analyzing, synthesizing, and interpreting a broad spectrum of data.
This position can be located in Glendale, CA; Anaheim, CA; or Orlando, FL.
Lead analytic efforts to assess Marketing initiatives and develop a better understanding of marketing effectiveness and follow emerging trends in media measurement and media mix modeling. This position will help the organization in evaluating marketing campaign performance, researching industry trends, proactively identifying and solving opportunities for value-added analysis, developing points of view to drive results, work closely with partners that build media mix models, drive scenario planning leveraging MROI insights, track key indicators of marketing, media, and business performance, and framing recommendations for leadership. The successful candidate will have a mix of marketing and analytic experience along with demonstrated ability with having connected the dots between desired marketing campaign / business outcomes and actual results to make actionable recommendations to improve performance. The position will partner with a spectrum of teams from across the WDP&R organization to ensure all relevant organizational goals and implications are appropriately considered. A successful candidate will have strong relationship skills and be able to effectively analyze and integrate results from across the broader CIMA team as well as key partner areas within and outside Global Marketing & Sales, including Marketing & Sales Strategy, Global Media Strategy, Digital Marketing, WDP&R Online, Pricing, Planning & Forecasting, and Finance.
- Minimum four (4) years experience in analytics, business planning or similar role, preferably within the travel industry
- Marketing knowledge or experience
- Solid analytical and technical problem solving skills, including strong knowledge of statistics and data mining
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in analytic software applications such as Excel, Tableau and/or SAS
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to ask questions to gain understanding, partner with others and deal with differing points of view
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Demonstrated attention to detail and focus on excellence in work product delivery
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced business environment and display professionalism and confidence in challenging situations
- Ability to approach work with high energy and a results-oriented mindset
- Ability to identify and handle issues proactively and decisively with limited direction and oversight while also communicating consistently to executive leadership
- Experience working with digital and traditional media effectiveness data
- Experience working in or with Marketing teams
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver persuasive presentations of complex business issues to senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain a conceptual understanding of a complex situation and establish immediate credibility
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) with preferred concentration in Business, Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Data Mining, or similar field
- MBA or Master's Degree in an analytic field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.