Advanced Analytics Manager
Disney Parks & Resorts
The Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Management Science & Integration (MSI) consulting team is responsible for supporting clients across The Walt Disney Company including Direct-to-Consumer & International, Media Networks (e.g., ABC, ESPN), Studio Entertainment (e.g., The Walt Disney Studios, Disney Theatrical Group) and Parks, Experiences & Consumer Products. MSI leverages technology, data analytics, optimization, statistical and econometric modeling to explore opportunities, shape business decisions and drive business value.
This position leads a team that supports pricing and forecasting and drives new business development in areas that are looking to adopt or enhance analytics capabilities. The role will require exceptional communication and consulting skills in order to understand client requirements, integrate with technology and science teams and ultimately deliver analytics insights and solutions.
This position will report to a Consulting Director.
- Identify opportunities to drive business value through the application of analytics
- Develop and deliver communication for an executive audience
- Define scope and requirements for solutions and analytical tools
- Lead team to: design and build analytical tools, perform data analysis and verification, provide testing and quality assurance, provide tool documentation and training
- Coordinate model and functionality validation for vendor solution
- Spearhead system configuration and calibration
- Ensure integrity of system integration
- Perform system hyper-care post go-live
- Assist with any measurement and enhancement of tools
- Exceptional analytical skills in data analysis and statistics
- Excellent partnering and communication skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Sound knowledge of forecasting and prediction techniques
- Experience with basic optimization methodologies
- Excellent integration skills (i.e., ability to connect the dots)
- Focus on driving business results and delivering value
- Product development background is preferred
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with specialization in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business Analytics, or other quantitative field
We strongly encourage applicants to upload a copy of their resume and to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for an interview.
About Disney Parks & Resorts:
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are where dreams come true. More than sixty years ago, Walt Disney created a new kind of entertainment families could experience together, immersed in detailed atmospheres and vibrant storytelling. His vision now includes a collection of six of the world’s leading family vacation destinations – Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.; Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.; Tokyo Disney Resort, Urayasu, Chiba, Japan; Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallée, France; Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, located on Lantau Island; and Shanghai Disney Resort, Pudong New District, Shanghai, China. In addition, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts includes the world-class Disney Cruise Line; Disney Vacation Club; Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa; Adventures by Disney, a guided group vacation experience to some of the world’s most popular destinations; and Walt Disney Imagineering, which creates and designs all Disney parks, resorts and attractions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Parks & Resorts.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.