Senior Manager, Digital Analytics
Disney ABC Television Group
ABC News is seeking a Senior Manager, Digital Analytics to join the Audience Development team. In this role, s/he will be responsible for leading efforts to create actionable, robust, innovative analytical insights to drive digital video audience growth across all digital platforms.
We are seeking a seasoned candidate with experience in developing actionable insights from complex data sets. The candidate must work effectively across product, editorial, and engineering teams to analyze data from a variety of data sources and recommend video growth strategies that span all lines of business including content generation and product development. We are looking for someone who has demonstrated the ability to grow video consumption across multiple digital platforms, and to work collaboratively in a matrixed organization.
- Use data and analytics to understand and grow the ABC News digital audience across all platforms
- Partner with product, engineering, and editorial teams to design and analyze experiments that measure video audience growth and drive strong ROI.
- Partner with product, engineering, and editorial teams to understand editorial and product questions around digital video, and generate insights that drive best practices.
- Build, design, and maintain efficient reporting capabilities and new KPIs that help drive business growth.
- Participate in and lead aspects of data management and policies including data analysis, data modeling, and data quality.
- Develop and share data driven best practices to the newsroom, helping define original content strategies and content distribution optimization.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience working in web / digital / mobile analytics or in web-based businesses.
- Knowledge of the digital media ecosystem
- Experience with one or more of the following analysis tools: R, MATLAB, SAS
- Experience with defining, implementing and analyzing A/B and multivariate experiments preferred
- Strong communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Familiarity with digital video
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Fluency with at least one scripting language such as Python, Perl, pHp
- Experience with SQL and/or other programming languages
- Experience with two or more of the following analysis tools: R, MATLAB, SAS
- Fluency with at least two or more scripting languages such as Python, Perl, pHp
- BA or BS from a four year accredited college or university
- MA, MS, or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or Economics