Executive Director, Data Management
Disney ABC Television Group
Disney/ABC Television Group’s Digital Media team is responsible for developing ancillary digital revenue streams for Disney/ABC Television Group’s diverse portfolio of broadcast and cable networks, including ABC Entertainment, ABC News, ABC Daytime, ABC Family, Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior. This includes product development, marketing and operations for the Group’s digital media content platforms. The team has been at the forefront of many of the company’s pioneering technical innovations, including being the first network to offer full episodes on iTunes in 2005 to the recent deployment of its industry defining WATCH services, which made the Disney/ABC Television Group the first to provide authenticated users access to both live, 24/7 linear network streams as well as an extensive offering of advantaged window on demand episodes on desktops, connected TVs, smartphones and tablets.
In this role the Executive Director - Data will work with our internal Product and Engineering teams as well as external Research, Sales and CRM teams to ensure proper, consistent delivery of complex data structures to various data store and business intelligence endpoints. He/she will be responsible for creating and developing reliable, scalable data and analytic solutions that ensure the collection of clean and consistent data across all DATG products, and will be the subject matter expert on new analytic methodologies and implementations. Success in the role will be determined by a streamlined data workflow that includes all stakeholders and allows DATG to more reliably and aggressively manage our data and analytics efforts.
Oversee the management and ensure the consistency of large amounts of data from DATG’s online and mobile products. Duties may include:
- Analyze current business practices, processes and procedures and identify future business opportunities for leveraging data storage and retrieval system capabilities.
- In collaboration with relevant personnel, develop and set requirements for data collection (format, structure, etc.) that will be executed during digital product development.
- Provide support knowledge and experience for data warehouse and underpinning technologies.
- Manage relationships with third party vendors to understand the potential architectural impact of different vendor strategies, and ensure the development of proper training and documentation for enterprise wide technical architecture, systems use and maintenance.
- Plan and integrate next-generation technologies into the overall data strategy to support analytic requirements, A/B Testing and personalized product features and functionality.
- Select, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- 7-10 years experience.
- Track record of designing and implementing large data set solutions to support business strategies
- Experience with latest database technologies
- Experience tagging data for use in a highly complex, scalable distribution system
- Familiarity with major big data solutions and products available in the market
- Strong leadership and vendor management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast – paced, fluid and collaborative environment.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Advanced degrees preferred
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.