Business Intelligence Team Lead
Over the past 30 years, DISH has built a talented group of leaders and support teams at its corporate headquarters in Englewood, Colorado. As the company continues to develop, offering new products and services to an increasing customer base, it looks to recruit outstanding candidates capable to turning ideas and strategies into world-class results.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities for the Business Intelligence Team Lead will fall into the following categories:
- Development and support of an enterprise wide self service Business Intelligence environment in a collaborative relationship with key business representatives across the enterprise.
- Direct and manage the Business Intelligence team developing analytic applications using OBIEE, Hyperion, ESSBASE and Tableau.
- Provide an agnostic evaluation of the appropriate Business Intelligence technology and processes that address specific business requirements.
- Work with business representatives to define key performance indicators, future opportunities and pain points that need to be addressed regarding analytics at the enterprise level.
- Develop a vision and roadmap for capturing and accessing business metadata that supports the self service Business Intelligence environment.
- Stays current with industry trends regarding the direction of Business Intelligence such as the practical application of big data.
Skills - Experience and Requirements:
A successful Business Intelligence Team Lead will have the following:
- Minimum of ten years of progressive and recent experience leading the development of analytic applications on at least three major industry platforms, one of them being Tableau is highly desirable.
- Experience in effectively communicating the relevance, value and capabilities of specific analytic solutions to the Dish business community.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities that include articulating a vision of future trends for analytics, developing a detailed roadmap for the realization of that vision, and managing the resources to the successful development and implementation.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with business leaders and staff in a variety of business areas.
- Experience building from the ground up an enterprise self service business intelligence environment.
- Four year degree in computer and information science or related major with a master’s degree in business is desirable.