Delane Consulting & Staffing LLC
Advanced Data Analytics Scientists Needed!
Help lead/mentor a highly skilled team and define processes that identify and mitigate risks using cutting edge Big Data technologies and modern investigative techniques—keeping our client at the forefront of innovation and driving success for our Fortune 15 Client. If you are interested in a path to becoming a data scientist and developing great business acumen by leveraging your critical thinking and problem solving skills, we are very interested in you.
The Principle Member Technical Staff (PMTS) of Risk Data Analytics will be part of an objective assurance and consulting team that is independently managed within our client’s organization designed to add value and improve operations. The Internal Audit team assists the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors management in accomplishing their objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the overall control environment, risk management,and governance processes. The Internal Audit PMTS gains extensive exposure to diverse aspects of the business and technical landscape. These assignments include increasing levels of responsibilities and presentations to senior management, making Internal Audit an excellent place to work for high potential employees.
As Wikipedia states, ”Data Scientist have the ability to find and interpret rich data sources, manage large amounts of data despite hardware, software and bandwidth constraints, merge data sources together, ensure consistency of data-sets, create visualizations to aid in understanding data and building rich tools that enable others to work effectively.”
The PMTS of Risk Data Analytics (FAAST) is responsible for three key areas and the advancement of audit analytics over strategic areas for Internal Audit. This leadership role includes specialized support enabling FAAST to realize the data analytic center of excellence of a best-in-class audit function.
This role is responsible for staging and managing data needed to perform advanced analysis as well as managing relationships with data owners. The PMTS requires SME-level knowledge of the tools, technologies and practices needed to perform in-depth analysis of both structured transactional data, and semi-structured or unstructured data.
In addition, this role is responsible for deciding the priorities of projects and leads the development of analytics and tools that help identify and mitigate risks. As a leader in the FAAST team, the PMTS position will require a decisive, motivated and talented self-driven team player to lead and develop the Data Science skills across the team.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead the data management design and architecture efforts to enable advanced analytics using structured and unstructured ‘big’ data. The role will involve the use of SQL, Hive, Aster and other tools to assist in analysis.
- Play a significant role with respect to infrastructure problem solving, opportunity identification and own complex projects to lead the advancement of technical skills within Finance. Furthering the enterprises goal to enhance the skill set of Finance by creating a more technically savvy employee.
- Influence senior management decisions by developing new ideas and implementing projects which lead analysis efforts. Enhance the culture through management of staff resources, to execute analytics in support of Internal Audits.
- Work closely with senior management to understand data and its relationship to business process and controls. Prioritize general objectives into defined projects and establish scope, timeline, and resources to successfully meet commitments. Obtain project requests from senior management, determine feasibility and accept or deny requests based on decision made by the Senior Consultant.
- Mentor team members to ensure professional growth and development of data science skillset and leadership qualities.
- Reporting directly to the Sr. Manager at times interacting with Director, Executive Director and/or Senior VP.
- BS/BA degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Statistics or related field/skillset. At least a 3.0/4.0 overall GPA or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- 6+ year’s work experience; IT, technology, accounting, audit, finance, or economics.
- Strong understanding of risk management methodology and factors. Must have successfully completed investigations within a Fortune 20 company.
- Experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining a database and programs to manage data analysis efforts.
- Knowledge of Telecommunication system landscape and processes.
- Strong business analytical skills a must; ability to apply business logic to design and implement data mining techniques on large data sets.
- • Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and with a team while executing independent decision making abilities in a fast pace environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience leading a team preferred.
- One of the following certifications preferred but not required: CPA, CFE, CISA, CISSP, PMP, CEH.
Equal Employment Opportunity