You should have a track record of expertise in design, implementation, and troubleshooting of software optimized for large scale environments. You thrive on learning and applying new technologies. You*re capable of managing your time well and working efficiently and independently. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience.
- 3 years solid experience building, configuring, and monitoring highly scalable distributed computing solutions.*
- Expertise in developing high-quality, object-oriented code (Java preferred) deployed on Linux/Unix.
- Well-versed in automated testing with experience using test frameworks like JUnit.
- Strong system and application troubleshooting and performance tuning skills (Hardware, Linux, Networking, JVMs, etc.)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field (Masters a plus).
- Devoted to teamwork, collaboration, and knowledge sharing.
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, and related large-scale distributed systems technologies.
- Experience with NoSQL storage technologies including: HBase, BigTable, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with Hibernate or other ORM technologies.