R&D Data Scientist
Damballa is seeking data scientists to join our Research and Development team. You would be part of the team responsible for masterminding the core technologies of Damballa's products – working on advanced pattern detection algorithms, massive data collection and analysis solutions, prototyping new detection systems, and advancing large-scale applications that deliver actionable threat intelligence.
A typical day might involve writing a Hadoop job in Clojure using Cascalog or using Ruby to drive automated data processing tasks to deliver new data to our customers. You will be involved with experimentation, development and deployment, so a passion for understanding our complete technology stack is necessary. The problems we have to solve do not have black and white solutions and you should be comfortable helping us choose the best shade of grey.
No prior security experience is necessary, just an interest in the field. Damballa specializes in analysis of network traffic, so a familiarity with DNS, HTTP and other forms of network communications technologies is beneficial.
The ideal candidate has built sophisticated systems, has experience delivering software as a service, and enjoys solving a diverse set of problems.
Requirements for the position are:
- Comfortable working with multiple modern programming languages. We are polyglots that use Ruby, Clojure, C, Python, and Java.
- Strong familiarity with state of the art machine learning algorithms.
- Solid understanding of information retrieval and text analysis fundamentals.
- Experience with Hadoop and data mining systems.
- Comfortable working with UNIX-based systems. That's all we use.
- Have a natural passionate technical curiosity and enjoy learning new technologies.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Casual dress code.
- Challenging, dynamic work environment.
- Competitive pay.
- Flexible work hours.
- Fun, energetic company.
- Work for one of Atlanta's A+ employers.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Free secured, covered parking.
- Prime in-town location adjacent to GA Tech campus.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.
- 401(k) and company-provided life and disability insurance.
- Choice of Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, or equivalent PC.
As the experts in advanced threat protection, Damballa discovers active threats that bypass all security prevention layers. Damballa identifies evidence of malicious network traffic in real time, rapidly pinpointing the compromised devices that represent the highest risk.
Our patent-pending solutions automatically detect and terminate criminal activity, stopping data theft, minimizing business disruption, and reducing the time to response and remediation. Damballa protects any device or OS including PCs, Macs, Unix, iOS, Android, and embedded systems. Damballa protects more than 300 million endpoints globally at enterprises in every major market and for the world's largest ISP and telecommunications providers.
Atlanta, GA 30308