Manager, Viewership Analytics
DIRECTV is at the forefront of technology, content and service. As we deliver the ultimate entertainment experience, we know that our employees are our biggest assets. A nationwide team numbering over 16,000, our employees use their unique diverse talents and life experiences to provide exceptional service to our customers.
Do have an insatiable curiosity to find hidden insights through rigorous data mining, modeling, and querying techniques? Are you someone who likes digging into large sets of data and generating action based recommendations to drive a business forward? Are you comfortable working with imperfect, unstructured, and undefined data and be able to merge seemingly disparate data sets with the goal of forming a holistic view of customer’s behavior? Does working with Big Data get you excited?
If you answered yes to these questions, DIRECTV's Manager, Viewership Analytics could be the role for you.
What can viewing behavior tells us that will help reduce churn and increase revenue? That will be your job to find out.
- By conducting analyses and partner actively with cross-functional teams throughout the organization in order to understand changes in technology, the competitive environment, acquisition and retention offers, and our own products and services to inform their findings.
- Being responsible for all aspects of their analyses: formulating the plan, determining the data requirements, extracting and manipulating the data, conducting the analyses, determining the conclusions and then presenting to the working team. These analyses may involve a wide range of areas, including retention, upgrade, customer lifecycle, customer value, etc.
- Partnering actively with cross-functional teams throughout the organization in order to understand changes in technology, the competitive environment, acquisition and retention offers, and our own products and services to inform their findings.
- Taking a very large quantity of customer data and condense it down into a coherent story with clear, easy to follow conclusions, implications informed by knowledge of the business, and actionable recommendations.
- Have a minimum five to seven years of experience accessing utilizing tools/databases such as SAS, SQL, Oracle, Teradata, and Cognos. Preference will be given to candidates with SAS and Big Data experience.
- Have an undergraduate degree in mathematics, statistics, quantitative analysis, economics or related field. Preference will be given to candidates with advanced degrees.
- Have previous work experience in consumer-marketing organizations. Candidates with prior direct-to-consumer target marketing experience will be given preference.
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication, presentation, organizational, and teamwork skills are required. Proficiency with Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel is also required.