Manager, Advanced Analytics, Marketing
As the third-largest cable provider in the nation, Cox Communications Inc. is noted for its high-capacity, reliable broadband delivery network and superior customer care. For Cox, it's not about being the biggest; it's about being the best. With more than 6 million total residential and commercial customer relationships, over 22,000 employees and a firm commitment to education, the Cox team is widely regarded industry leaders, having earned multiple distinctions in customer satisfaction, diversity practices and company strategy.
We are looking for talented people to join our team who are incredibly passionate about data, who have a proven track record of transforming raw data into analytic insight, and who desire to make a difference by leveraging the right techniques to arrive at the right answers. The Manager of Advanced Analytics will strongly influence the business and marketing decisions of Cox Communications by supporting and helping to institutionalize a data-driven analysis culture.
Your primary role will be to identify and work on high-impact business and marketing problems and develop viable solutions through data analysis, predictive modeling, and advanced analytics techniques. The candidate should have a combination of excellent analytic skill, strong business acumen, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The Manager of Advanced Analytics will have a highly visible role with key leaders and will work closely with teams across the company including other Analytics team members, Marketing, Product, and Business Operations. This is a great opportunity to be part of an advanced analytics team that does leading-edge work as part of a great organization.
- Performs statistical data analysis on large data sets, resulting in impactful insights and outcomes.
- Creates models, monitors results, and develops and executes hypotheses for improving models
- Logically integrates information from multiple resources and effectively communicates results to department management
- Develops analytic solutions based on multivariate statistics, including regression based modeling, various predictive modeling tools, descriptive statistical techniques, and statistical diagnostic techniques (significance testing, model fit, etc.)
- Develops ad hoc analyses using standard and advanced statistical techniques (e.g., regression, CHAID, factor analysis, ANOVA, clustering analysis)
- Collaborates to implement projects, complete tasks, and fulfill plans to ensure timely and efficient analysis, modeling, evaluation and reporting
- Communicates insights from analysis to multiple teams throughout organization
- Provides recommendations on all aspects of analytics
- Collaborates with Product Marketing, Pricing, Sales, and other Analytics teams to develop and execute analytic outputs
- Creates and manages plans for accomplishing team's activities with quick turnaround
- Develops creative and innovative analytical solutions for problem solving
- Respond effectively to requests for ad-hoc analyses.
- Prepares written analysis and presents findings and recommendations to key marketing leaders. Communicate changes in business trends to c-level executives and provide guidance as to the overall impact.
- Identifies actionable insights, suggests recommendations, and influences the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to marketing and cross functional groups.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record in advanced analytics, reporting and in working with high performance teams OR 3 years of experience with an advanced degree.
- Extensive knowledge of statistics, data mining, and in drawing conclusions from data. Proven analytic skills to be able to draw key conclusions from customer behavior metrics.
- Strong experience using SAS and/or other advanced analytic tools such as SPSS, R, or KXEN
- Extensive experience in delivering high-quality analytic deliverables
- Creativity to develop innovative analytical solutions
- Self-starter, independently initiating and driving projects towards completion. Ability to both drive change, while also collaborating effectively with a variety of individuals and organizations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (ex Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or Engineering).
- Masters degree in related field
- Experience in marketing analytics, including the application of advanced analytic outputs such as modeling and segmentation