Council For Logistics Research Inc.
The Council for Logistics Research, Inc., (CLR) is a privately owned service disabled business that supports the Air Force and other DoD agencies. CLR has employees in Massachusetts and Virginia. We are headquartered in Arlington, VA and also have a business center in Westford, MA. CLR currently employs acquisition specialists, professional consultants, research analysts, domain engineers, system architects, and functional specialists who support our various projects. CLR's talented employees are dedicated to providing innovative, resourceful, and cost effective business solutions.
Council for Logistics Research, Inc. (CLR) seeks creative and motivated individuals to work on one of its many exciting projects. As a Release Engineer, you will report to the Manager of Engineering and support the System Metric and Reporting Tool (SMART) program which provides the Air Force the ability to track and manage its major acquisition programs and data.
As Release Engineer with the SMART program, you will automate the continuous integration, pre-production deployment, and production deployment of software applications, components and systems. The Release Engineer will build, enhance, maintain and document the automated deployment process (IIS, SharePoint 2010/2013, SQL Server) for local development and test environments, manage the Continuous Integration (CI) process while maintaining the software code repository in Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS). The Release Engineer works independently and possesses a level of functional expertise necessary to ensure repeatable builds and deployments in order to meet the software release deadlines.
As a Release Engineer, you will:
- Work with management to identify and document critical requirements for automated builds, continuous integration, automated unit testing, release management, release package preparation and automated deployment and associated reporting
- Design, deploy and manage tools to automate the build, test, and release process across multiple development streams in a Continuous integration/Continuous release environment
- Development and day-to-day support of automated build and deployment scripts
- Troubleshoot build and installation failures and facilitate resolution
- Train and mentor team members on the build/continuous integration process and tools
- Deployment to development, test, pre-production and production environments for web-based applications and SharePoint 2010/2013 components
- Work along the boundary between engineering, QA, and operations to ensure that the release process is meeting their short-term and long-term needs
- Perform static code analysis scans and provide reports to management
- Interface with government hosting provider personnel for deployment and production support
- Document build processes, environmental configurations and release plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
- 4+ years’ hands-on experience developing and supporting automated build, continuous integration (CI) and automated deployment environments and scripts
- Significant experience using and administrating Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) for software planning, version control, continuous integration and build services
- Experience working with teams developing with Visual Studio .NET
- Experience with SQL Server 2012; Database backups, restores, queries, etc.
- Experience using and managing Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013; SharePoint build packaging and deployment experience a plus
- Experience using MS Build command line and GUI tools
- Strong scripting skills (PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience developing in an Agile software development environment (Scrum) with cross-functional Scrum teams
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, analytical and debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Experience with virtual machine frameworks and environments, specifically VM Ware systems
- Experience with Microsoft networking (Active Directory, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft IIS webserver configuration and administration
- Experience with HP Fortify Static Source Code Analysis Tool
- Experience performing Configuration Management (CM)