Business Intelligence Analyst
We are CoreLogic - a leading provider of business information, analytics and outsourcing services. Together, we are a global company with proven experts in the areas where we work and are passionate about helping our clients succeed. More than one million users rely on CoreLogic to assess risk, support underwriting, investment and marketing decisions, prevent fraud, and improve business performance in their daily operations. No one else has such a vast repository of data, an advanced set of analytical models and a talented, diverse team of professionals.
We have the opportunity to drive innovation, cultivate insights and build unique solutions for our clients. We take pride in our workforce and believe in cultivating an atmosphere that supports and values our greatest asset: talent.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will ensure that business decisions are guided by the most valuable information available. This requires understanding what information is required to manage critical business issues, and reporting in a way that is actionable and has maximum value. This position supports the credit information businesses at all levels, including executive management, sales and operations.
This position will provide reports to all departments that support decision making for management decisions, including:
- Extracting of data from production systems of Credco. The data for reports is in different systems and needs to be brought into a common database.
- Integration of data. Once the data is together, the relationship between different sources needs to be defined and maintained for meaningful reporting.
- Development of reports.
- New Report Development: Collaborate with end users to understand business requirements, develop analysis to map to existing data assets and develop a plan for report fulfillment. Develop reports in SSRS that are rendered on a SharePoint server.
- Management of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages. These packages contain ETL (Extract Transform Load) scripts and are scheduled to pull data from several sources. The data sources are multiple production systems, credit bureau and many more. New scripts and packages need to be created and existing ones need to be maintained and enhanced. When the scheduled packages fail, troubleshooting of these scripts is required on a daily basis.
- Management of the Microsoft database, including:
- Schema and Db layout design
- Creating and modifying SQL procedures and functions to support reporting needs
- Db optimization to ensure queries and reports are generated efficiently
- Application of data retention strategies to ensure efficient storage of data
- Requirements gathering and analysis for new reports and enhancement of existing reports:
- Document what the users need.
- Plan for an optimum solution that satisfies all needs and is efficient from a system perspective.
- Analyze if all data is available in report center, if not then identify data source and plan for modifying/adding an SSIS package for it.
- User Interface development: support the development of the user interface for a data entry application using C#.NET
- Provide accurate, insightful reporting. Specifically, report on revenue, operational productivity trends and product utilization trends.
- Must have knowledge of the report content to ensure it is reflective of the business and operational direction of the company.
- Must be highly engaged to deliver reports on schedule and on time.
- Must provide oversight of information to troubleshoot reporting issues and unusual trends.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science and/or Information Technology strongly preferred
- Minimum of two years experience with Microsoft reporting technologies, SQL and Db related concepts
- Experience working in the financial services industry a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server, Reporting Services, Integration Services and SharePoint technologies
- Must possess an advanced working knowledge of SQL and database concepts
- Able to influence others
Poway, CA 92064