Database Report Writer
Conquer Cancer, the ASCO Foundation
Do you want to create a world where cancer is prevented or cured, and every survivor is healthy?
Conquer Cancer®, the ASCO Foundation raises funds to accelerate breakthrough research for every type of cancer, while sharing and supporting the vision of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), the world’s largest professional society for people who work in cancer care. Conquer Cancer’s community of staff, donors, and affiliate organizations work to support research that delivers better treatments and cures and provides the vital resources and programs needed to deliver the highest quality, equitable patient care around the world.
ASCO is a flexible, high-performance membership organization where employees collaborate to support our mission through evidence, care, and impact. Together with Conquer Cancer, the ASCO Foundation and CancerLinQ colleagues, we foster a culture that prioritizes customer-centricity, emphasizes teamwork, commits to quality, and values inclusion. Our culture, ASCO Works – Our Way of Working, has long enabled workplace flexibility and embraced technology to help us achieve balance.
ASCO offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about Conquer Cancer, click here. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO and Conquer Cancer, click here.
Who we are looking for:
The Database Report Writer works to support Conquer Cancer and their use of enterprise systems, including StratusLIVE (Dynamic CRM), Survey-Monkey Apply and Engaging Networks. They collect, analyze, and convert complex raw data and comprehensive information into written reports. The Report Writer provides on-going support to internal clients by correlating user needs with information system design and reporting and coordinating with the department’s developers.
Are you skilled and experienced with advanced SQL skills? Our company is seeking a talented individual to join our team as a Reporting Analyst. In this role, you will be responsible for managing report requests from business departments, monitoring data quality, and producing key performance indicator reports for management review. You will also create, maintain, publish, and edit reports for various platforms such as StratusLIVE, Survey-Monkey Apply and Engaging Networks, and develop complex SQL queries and reports for these platforms.
If you are self-motivated, proactive, and able to use creative and innovative strategies to deliver results, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Remote candidates welcome or primary location in Alexandria, VA.
- Manage report requests directly from business departments.
- Monitor data quality for the purposes of report integrity and report delivery.
- Produce key performance indicator reports for management review.
- Create, maintain, publish, and edit reports for StratusLIVE, Survey-Monkey Apply and Engaging Networks.
- Develop complex SQL queries and reports for StratusLIVE, Survey-Monkey Apply and Engaging Networks.
- Design, develops and manages dashboard and reporting solutions for StratusLIVE and Survey-Monkey Apply.
- Identify needs and evaluates alternative business solutions with project management.
- Analyze tables to establish knowledge of data for accurate retrieval and use in report writing.
- Test and validate reports to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Automate or increase efficiency of existing reports.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline, or equivalent experience in a related position
- 3 years of directly related experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel
- Advanced SQL skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of SQL Reporting Services and PowerBI
- Experience setting up PowerBI and PowerBI datasets
- Knowledge on Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Strong communication skills, including written
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and multi-task
- Must be able to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Strong understanding of data structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Knowledge of MS SQL databases, including queries and development
- Understanding of data gathering, warehousing, data analysis, data quality, data standards, data models/ schemas, relational databases, reporting, requirements management, process management, and project management
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Self-motivated and proactive with ability to use creative and innovative strategies to deliver results
- Ability to work well and problem solve both independently and collaboratively in teams
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish established goals
Fast-paced office environment with extended periods seated or standing at a desk.
High use of computer and other office technology equipment.
Generous Benefits Package:
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Open Leave Policy
- Paid Family Leave
- 13 Paid Holidays per Calendar Year
- Staff Appreciation Days
- 401(k): 7.5% Employer Contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Forming
- Healthcare Concierge
- Flexible Spending Account(s)
- Healthcare Savings Account
- Disability and Life Insurance
At ASCO, our goal is to foster and encourage a diversity of thought, experience, and background in our workplace. Our organization’s culture is multi-dimensional, and we encourage our employees to leverage their unique perspectives and ideas. ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).