VP, Data Strategy & Operations
The Vice President of Data Management & Operations is charged with the overall responsibility for Compete’s data foundation, upon which ALL of our products and services are built. The Data Management & Operations team is responsible for everything ranging from data acquisition and integration, to core operational and product data methodologies, to functional oversight of day-to-day data processing and quality control, to product management of all data access tools, to supporting the internal customers of the resulting data asset.
You will keep our BIG DATA trains running on time while simultaneously laying new tracks and building new engines (we hope you like this metaphor). To achieve this you will lead your teams to create new processes, systems, tools and capabilities in response to the needs of your market-facing customers (Product teams, Client Services teams, CRO) and to constantly optimize the manageability, flexibility, and utility of Compete’s data platform.
- Be an active and strategic voice on the Compete Management team, driving our core data vision forward
- Design, build and drive overall strategy, methodology, and roadmap for the processes, systems, tools and capabilities required to produce and maintain our core data assets
- Leadership, management and growth of multiple data departments within the organization
- Direct management of Sr Managers and mentorship to their respective teams
- Synthesizing the needs of key market-facing stakeholders into clear roadmaps and execution plans
- Handling inevitable disruptions to and artifacts in data processing
- Growing the data asset to support Compete’s aggressive growth plans
- Constantly keep up with industry data trends and drive high performing teams
- A passion for solving complex system and data challenges and desire to thrive in a constantly innovating and changing environment
- Bachelors Degree, Masters a plus
- Significant experience working with and leading robust software systems with a high data output
- 10+ years of experience managing technology driven teams focused on robust technology systems
- Dynamic leadership and management experience of multi-disciplined teams with various priorities
- Past experience as a technical expert in engineering, data analytics, business analysis, BI, etc prior to leadership/management
- A huge plus is exposure to a data intensive environment!
Boston, MA 02116