Cognizant Technology Solutions
Cognizant Technology Solutions is looking for Hadoop Resources for its projects in Philadelphia, PA
Must Have Skills:
- Evaluate data availability and quality, and extract/transform data for analytic projects within the context of a Hadoop environment
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
- Define and develop client specific best practices around data management within a Hadoop environment
- Previous experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica) a plus.
- Work with functional team/ Frameworks team to understand requirements and translate them to technical specifications
- Hands on experience on Core Java in Linux environment
- Hands on experience on Hadoop MapReduce, Hive, Pig, and HBase.
- Familiar with shell scripting, git, ant, maven, and junit.
- Worked on large hadoop clusters and has good understanding of hadoop concepts.
- Familiar with oozie, sqoop, and flume.
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is the fastest-growing global IT services and business process outsourcing solutions provider, headquartered in Teaneck, N.J. Cognizant’s single-minded passion is to dedicate our global technology and innovation know-how, our industry expertise and worldwide resources to working together with clients to make their businesses stronger.
Today with over 50 delivery centers worldwide and over 111,000 employees as of March 31, 2011, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 1000, and the Fortune 500, and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.