Information Technology Specialist II/III
City of Irvine
Do you have the desire to make a meaningful impact in a vibrant and diverse community? Join a collaborative workforce committed to serving the City of Irvine.
The City of Irvine is looking for experienced, talented, and motivated individuals to join our Information Technology team to help us take our systems solutions and services to the next level as we scale up to deliver world-class service to our customers. We currently have five vacancies in the Information Technology Specialist II/III classification. The ideal candidate is always willing to go the extra mile to deliver the highest quality in enterprise software solutions, and collaborate with business units to design, develop, and support on premise and cloud solutions.
Information Technology Specialist II Salary:
$85,321.60 - $134,201.60 Annually
Information Technology Specialist III Salary:
$93,392.00- $146,931.20 Annually
The current Information Technology Specialist recruitment is looking to fill five vacancies for this flexibly staffed classification series. Positions may be filled at either level dependent on candidate qualifications and the current needs of the department.
- Manage—Take individual ownership over projects, timelines, and deliverables
- Analyze—Work closely with business units to gather and document requirements that will contribute to the design and architecture of enterprise solutions
- Improve—Identify ways to streamline business processes, and contribute and participate on Agile scrum teams. Serve as an advocate for software quality in product and test developments
- Find additional information in the Information Technology Specialist II and Information Technology III job descriptions.
Information Technology Specialist II/III – May also include:
Application Development Solutions Specialist (2 Vacancies)
The Application Development Solution Specialist will design, program, implement, and support a variety of the City systems, including but not limited to Enterprise Resource Planning, IT Service Management, permitting applications, Web Content Management Systems, interfaces, reports, and databases to ensure efficient day-to-day operations and support best business practices.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems Specialist (1 Vacancy)
The IT Specialist for ERP Systems will support the City’s core ERP systems and related technological functions, processes, workflows, interfaces, reports, and databases to ensure efficient day-to-day operations and support best business practices.
Data Warehouse and Reporting Solutions Specialist (1 Vacancy)
The Data Warehouse and Reporting Solutions Specialist will be responsible for architecting, implementing and maintaining a data warehouse to create and maintain reports and dashboards using data visualization tools to provide timely and relevant information to the business users and leadership/decision-makers.
Infrastructure Projects Specialist (1 Vacancy)
The Infrastructure Specialist will work with City Staff and vendors, to identify, design, procure, plan, implement, and transition enterprise IT infrastructure projects. IT infrastructure areas can include data center, network, IOT, audio/video, physical security, and cloud solutions. The Infrastructure Specialist will be expected to efficiently and effectively manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Facilitate and perform requirements gathering and document specifications. Conduct fit-gap analyses and recommend and document solutions according to business needs. Prioritize, design, develop, and maintain reports to meet department requirements.
- Evaluate, develop, communicate, coordinate, implement, and integrate information technology systems and processes to meet necessary demands and increase efficiency, enhance workflow, and improve customer service.
- Establish, pursue, and maintain positive and effective working relationships with numerous City department staff, management, technical support team members, and vendors. Serve as liaison between end users and members of the technical support team members and/or project teams. Attend and participate in functional, technical, and/or professional group meetings.
- Troubleshoot, problem solve, communicate, and resolve technical, performance, and/or production issues as they arise in a timely manner. Manage and follow up with software application vendor enhancement road maps, requests, and technical issues.
Information Technology Specialist II:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field and five (5) years of general information technology experience performing technical and/or analytical tasks for computer systems or services in any of the functional areas or emerging information technology fields or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Information Technology Specialist III:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field and six (6) years of general information technology experience, with two of those years performing highly specialized work in a lead or expert capacity on highly complex or specialized information technology systems or services in one or more functional area or in a closely related or emerging information technology field or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in developing, supporting, and managing IT services and infrastructure.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a very busy IT environment.
- Experience designing, developing, and supporting interfaces (e.g., APIs, EDIs) and designing and/or developing reports.
- Experience designing, developing and supporting data warehouses for reporting and analytics (e.g., Microsoft Synapse, Snowflake) and reporting tools (e.g.,Tableau, Power BI)
- Five or more years of experience administering, supporting, and/or upgrading ITSM applications such as ServiceNow
- Five or more years of experience administering, supporting and/or upgrading ERP systems
- Experience facilitating requirements gathering, end-user testing, and training.
- Familiarity with .NET Framework, Visual Basic, HTML, Java, C++, PHP
- Experience performing technical and/or analytical tasks for computer systems or services supporting one thousand-plus (1000+) active users, including experience writing, debugging, and working with SQL, designing database tables and structures; creating views, functions and stored procedures; writing optimized SQL queries for integration with other applications; maintaining data quality and overseeing database security; and, Windows server operating system.
Practical experience in one or more of the following areas desired:
- Enterprise Applications/Software/Systems Engineering Design, Development, and Deployment
- Enterprise Application Configuration Management
- IT Project Management
Irvine is recognized as one of America's Best Places to Live, according to Money Magazine. The City of Irvine features an array of entertainment and recreational opportunities including exceptional parks, open space preservations, sport complexes, and master-planned communities.
The expanding Information Technology Division seeks dynamic and strategic technology professionals to join a team committed to enhancing services and partnerships, while meeting the ever-evolving challenges facing the computer security industry. The Strategic Technology Plan positions the City to deliver the technology infrastructure and critical tools needed to create a prosperous 21st century city, and provide reliable solutions for linking citizens, employees, applications, and facilities.
The selection process will include an examination and conduct a background investigation prior to appointment. This recruitment may establish an eligibility list to fill future positions in similar and/or lower classifications within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Irvine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. We encourage you to inform Human Resources at least two business days prior to the first phase of the selection process if you have a disability that may require an accommodation.