Assistant Director, Advanced Analytics
In this newly created function within the Cubs organization, the Assistant Director of Advanced Analytics will be responsible for leading the development and execution of advanced analytics projects to support the evolution of the business operations beyond descriptive analytics into predictive and prescriptive analytics. This position is also responsible for building the Analytics function as a service center within the enterprise to solve business problems for internal clients and provide consultation for key decisions. This role will act as a "strategic doer".
- Support the development of the Analytics function and execute and manage the analytics roadmap for the organization.
- Partner with IT and Marketing to optimize, aggregate, and streamline all data sources to develop 360º profiles of customers to determine how to market, communicate, and understand lifetime value of customers.
- Build and maintain models for internal clients (including predictive models, churn models, lead scoring, demand forecasting, regression analysis, decision trees, and price elasticity measurement).
- Manage relationships with third party Analytics vendors to ensure Cubs maximize the benefits of these partnerships.
- Facilitate and manage major internal initiatives that use advanced mathematical and structured algorithms.
- Partner with business leads and participate as the analytical subject matter expert on key projects and initiatives.
- Champion the importance of data-driven decision making throughout the organization.
- Partner with IT on the creation, selection, and enhancement of analytical tools and systems.
- Remain accountable to Executive Stakeholders in building the Analytics function and achieving stated objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or Computer Science.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience in an analytics group working as a data analyst/modeler, preferably with experience in building and deploying predictive and prescriptive models in a B2C environment.
- Intermediate to advanced programming skills enabling the individual to extract and manipulate data from the data warehouse using SQL.
- Intermediate to advanced modeling skills for test execution and statistical analysis using tools such as R, SAS, and/or Python.
- Strong management, relationship and customer service skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with strong multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced Degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years total work experience preferred.
- Experience in an organization that successfully transitioned from descriptive analytics to predictive and prescriptive analytics capabilities.
- Experience/knowledge with experimental test design, hypothesis formulation, defining target selection criteria, and sample size evaluation.
- Candidate must possess a professional "get it done" attitude and work ethic with strong interpersonal skills that facilitate interaction with individuals across all levels of the organization.
- Alignment with the Cubs Core Values.