Data Warehouse Developer
Center for American Progress
Reports to: Senior Director, Enterprise Systems and Procurement
Staff reporting to this position: None
Position Classification: Exempt, full time; Nonunion - Level 6
Minimum compensation: $75,000
The Data Warehouse Developer will deliver integration solutions to American Progress. The position will focus on automating integrations between various business systems, including Unanet, Paycom, Salesforce, data services, and data warehouse systems. The successful candidate will perform technical administration duties for data warehouse development, programming, and maintenance.
The Data Warehouse Developer will be driven by American Progress’ mission “to improve the lives of all Americans through bold, progressive ideas, as well as strong leadership and concerted action, with the aim of not only changing the conversation, but changing the country.” They will join a dynamic team of colleagues to assist in strengthening the team’s policy work and supporting American Progress’ five crosscutting priorities:
- Strengthening public health and ending the pandemic
- Building an economy for all
- Securing a sustainable climate
- Advancing racial equity and justice
- Restoring social trust and strengthening democracy
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as the primary owner of all assigned projects.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of American Progress’ business systems and processes in order to be able to provide long-term solutions and support.
- Code and document procedures in relation to programming, testing, and debugging data warehouses.
- Automate and integrate business systems.
- Develop, optimize, and support ETL jobs following appropriate standards and conventions.
- Establish estimates for development projects and support tasks.
- Provide support for data warehouses.
- Troubleshoot existing reports/jobs and perform root cause analysis.
- Operate effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree—preferably in computer science, computer engineering, or a relevant field—or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years of hands-on experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of database structure systems and data mining.
- Experience with Salesforce data structure and an understanding of how to leverage the platform to integrate with other data sources.
- Hands-on development and coding experience with REST and/or SOAP APIs and Python, including experience using webhooks.
- Experience working with Azure SQL Server and other database technologies.
- Ability to document and understand process maps, data modeling, and data flow diagrams.
- Working knowledge of the enterprise architecture.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Understanding of and/or prior experience working for nonprofit organizations is a plus.
- Commitment to the values and ideas advanced by American Progress.
Desired skills include:
- Ability to think creatively and critically, with a knack for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with large amounts of information and see the bigger picture to deliver results on aggressive timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time, and project management skills.
- Motivated, self-driven, and fast learner with the ability to keep up to date with fast-changing trends.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefit packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is not represented by a union and has a budgeted salary of $100,000.
American Progress’ offices will reopen in January 2022, and employees are expected to be available to work from and commute to Washington, D.C. Details of a hybrid work schedule will be communicated prior to the employee’s start date. We will continue to monitor the current health emergency and adjust plans as needed in the future.