Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
High performing teams. Challenging projects. A stable and profitable company. And fun! This is what you can expect if you join the Catapult Systems Business Intelligence (BI) team! Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Catapult is one of the top Microsoft National Systems Integrators in the U.S. We continue to grow our BI teams across all of our Business Units and we will assist with relocation if necessary. It is a very exciting time in our company's history, and this is a tremendous growth opportunity!
What do we attribute our award-winning success to? The people we hire, of course! We provide you the tools, learning environment and leadership that you need to be successful, and then let you do what you do best. We enable you to make the decisions that you feel are in the best interest of our clients, and we trust your judgment. This type of ownership and independence, and an ongoing commitment to solving real business problems through the innovative use of Microsoft technologies, has resulted in Catapult being voted one of the best places to work year after year!
What will I be doing?
Catapult Systems is hiring full-time BI specialists to join our growing team. You will work directly with Catapult clients to leverage your experience implementing solutions using the Microsoft BI stack. You should be able to help translate business requirements into a solution design, and develop and deploy the solution. Candidates with a strong business analysis and requirements definition background would be ideal. Some of your responsibilities include:
- Leading and developing data warehouse and business intelligence solutions utilizing the Microsoft BI platform and product stack (mainly SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, PowerPivot, and PowerView)
- Datamart/Data warehouse modeling based on business requirements, and optimization of data models for business intelligence implementations
- Maintaining existing data warehouse and business intelligence implementations (involving SQL Server 2008 or later tools)
- Reporting including MDX query; Cube Development including MDX calculations
- Leading meetings in preparation of project planning directly with client business users and sponsors, including requirements and architecture review, and project milestone sessions
- Focusing and participating in developing and refining best practice for BI projects
- Assisting sales team with technical presales help and proposal generation
- First and foremost, you need a great attitude and need to enjoy what you do!
- Exceptional customer support and communication skills; ability to be collaborative with clients and think strategically when deploying solutions
- Microsoft BI experience (Version 2008 or later):
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or other 3rd party BI tools
- ETL implementation using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- BI presentation and developing analytic cubes utilizing SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Solid experience in PowerPivot and PowerView
- Understanding of data warehouse design concepts (Inmon/Kimball-Star Schema)
- Solid database background to support t-sql/stored procedure development and optimization
- Logical and physical database design experience; RDBMS database development
- Data Modeling tools: Visio, ERwin or similar data modeling tools
- Solid experience utilizing SharePoint (2010 or later) for BI Solutions including PerformancePoint Services, Excel Services, PowerPivot and PowerView
- Potential to travel: 0-20%
What else would make me stand out?
- Previous consulting experience
- SQL Parallel Data Warehouse (PDW)
- Big Data/Hadoop
- Predictive Analytics
- Microsoft and TDWI Certifications
- PowerShell scripting
- Experience in Agile/continuous delivery environments
- User group participation including giving or leading sessions and presentations
If you are passionate about technology and want to work with great people that understand that the balance in your work life is just as important as the balance in your personal life, then apply today.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, paid time off, flex spending accounts, paid disability and 401(k) investment just to name a few.
Greenwood Village, CO 80111