Work as an innovative data explorer collecting, analyzing, and interpreting large telematics datasets to uncover actionable insights that directly impact our product strategy and performance. An ideal candidate will be able to ask meaningful questions of the data available and identify opportunities to utilize data insights into product offerings. This position requires knowledge of a wide variety of analytical techniques; with the ability determine the appropriate technique for the question being asked. This role requires a strong analytical mindset, exceptional problem-solving skills, and the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights. Additionally, the ideal candidate will thrive working on the unknown, in a collaborative environment.
- Provide telematics data expertise with ability to translate technical specificity of telematics data measurements into business terms
- Perform data exploration to identify meaningful data curation needs for the organization, and build appropriate analysis and usage requirements around new data collected
- Define new data collection requirements based on data exploration analysis
- Work with Innovation team to build out analysis to support new product creation
- Perform thorough data analysis, employing statistical techniques and data visualization tools, to identify trends, patterns, and correlations related to product performance and usage
- Stay up to date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in data analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, statistics, computer science or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience of product analysis
- Experience analyzing telematics and IoT data
- Advanced analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to operate with ambiguity and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Minimum 5 years experience in R, Python, SQL
Physical Requirements: Constant use of vision, hearing, and communication (oral and written/in-person and via telephone). Frequent concentration, standing, walking, handling, reaching, and grasping. Occasional bending, kneeling and lifting (up to 25 lbs.) Heavy use of computer and office equipment.
Travel/Hours of Service: Occasional travel may be required. Periodic work outside of standard business hours or on weekends may be required.