Research Data Specialist II - Telepsychiatry Services Program
California Correctional Health Care Services
California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking a professional well versed in data management and analysis to join our Telepsychiatry Services Program where you will use your knowledge and skills to assess and identify trends in program productivity and patient care.
In this key position, you will:
- Design, manage, and coordinate complex research projects and studies
- Utilize tools such as SQL (including SQL Server Reporting, Integration, and Analysis Services), Excel, PowerBI, and Python to extract data, develop data models, and conduct statistical analyses
- Develop mechanisms to track, analyze, and generate reports related to program requirements and the utilization and allocation of telepsychiatry program resources
- Plan, implement, report on, and make recommendations regarding quality improvement projects and other topics as assigned
To thrive in this role, you must have:
- A minimum of 12 semester or 18 quarter units in any combination of a data-driven research-related field, such as economics, mathematics, psychology, sociology, demography, geography, anthropology, or statistics, which must also include at least one course in statistical methods; and equivalent to graduation with a bachelor’s degree. Work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis by applicants who have the required units. A master’s degree in the areas noted above may be substituted for two years of the required experience. A doctoral degree in the areas noted above may be substituted for three years of the required experience.
Additionally, you must meet minimum qualifications through one of the following paths:
- Five years of progressively responsible quantitative and qualitative data research experience engaged in the collection, compilation, manipulation, analysis, and interpretation of data.
- One year of experience in California state service performing data research-oriented duties equivalent to a Research Data Specialist I
In return for your efforts, CCHCS offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Telework options available
- Secure State of California retirement that vests in five years (visit CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Robust 401(k) and 457 retirement plans
- And much more
This distinctive opportunity is available at CCHCS’ Headquarters in Elk Grove, located approximately 15 miles south of Sacramento.
To apply online, please visit https://cchcs.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=5612617
Effective July 1, 2020, in response to the economic crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Personal Leave Program 2020 (PLP 2020) was implemented. PLP 2020 requires that each full-time employee receive a 9.23 percent reduction in pay in exchange for 16 hours PLP 2020 leave credits monthly through June 2022.