Data Science Senior Engineer
Would you love to put your passion for the outdoors to work? Are you “Born To Work Here”? Then Cabela’s, the World’s Foremost Outfitter of Hunting, Fishing and Outdoor Gear, might be the place for you. Cabela’s has an opening for a Data Science Senior Engineer in the Analytic Data Sciences department at our extended corporate office in Denver, Co.
This position participates as a manager of self in a team that innovates, designs, constructs, and uses highly complex data solutions to support analytical and marketing data needs. General Purpose of the Position: This position functions as a manager of self dedicated to collecting and engineering highly complex data solutions to drive insights and support Omni marketing and analytics needs. Position must perform activities that support the four key pillars of Data Science in partnership with Information Technology (IT): Data Management - Develops innovative ways to collect, manage, analyze, and deploy required Data Engineering -- Understands and utilizes various forms of data storage strategies such as Operational Data, Analytical Data, Normalized forms of data, Unstructured or multi-structured data (Big Data). Data Analytics -- Pioneers the extraction of value from data and then deploys that value in a way the supports data-driven business decisions. Communication -- Deploys insights garnered from the data in the optimal format that will meet the needs of the target audience including agile BI reporting, staged tables, spreadsheets, email, etc.
- Designs and implements innovative, pioneering data-driven insights to solve highly complex business problems.
- Works within Data Labs to proto-type solutions during Research and Development phases.
- Participate in the process turn-over from development to production, e.g., submitting requests to our IT colleagues and/or productionalizing through the Data Sciences Data Management team.
- Function as a subject matter expert on elements of Data Science Engineering mentoring others where needed.
- Remain current on technology trends regarding data.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with 6-8+ years of experience
- SQL Map/Reduce (Big Data) required
- SAS, Data Engineering Principles and working knowledge of database technology(Teradata and Oracle) required
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, SAS, Teradata, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL MR, Hadoop, VB.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.