Senior Analytics Engineer
CX Data Labs
Senior Analytics Engineer
Located in Dallas-Fort Worth, temporarily remote
Compensation: Competitive salary, bonuses and benefits
At CX Data Labs, we custom tailor data and analytics strategy, platform design and engineering for each of our customers. We’re looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to develop and support analytics solutions for our financial industry client. The best candidates are self-motivated, responsive individuals who are passionate about data.
- Manage AWS resources (Glue, RDS, Redshift, Quicksight, etc.)
- Develop and implement scalable and reliable analytics, tools, KPI dashboards, and metrics that drive decisions
- Design and implement data quality processes across our software systems and highlight opportunities for improvement
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete data products (datasets, visualization and more)
- Collaborate with other tech teams to implement advanced analytics algorithms
- Extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Python, Spark and AWS big data technologies
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of data pipelines.
- Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes by automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, data science, statistics, finance, or a similar quantitative field
- 8+ years experience in Business Analytics, Data Science, Software Development or related field with a proven track record of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large datasets
- 5+ years experience using data warehouse solutions and databases (using tools such as SQL, PL/SQL, DDL, MDX, HiveSQL, SparkSQL, Scala, etc.)
- 3+ years experience using business intelligence reporting tools (such as Tableau, Alteryx, PowerBI, Business Objects, QlikView, Quicksight, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Experience with statistical analytics and programming languages such as Python, R, etc
- Experience working with business system requirements and building solutions
- Experience gathering/documenting business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports.
- Experience with SDLC and agile concepts
- Ability to effective prioritize projects, manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
- Advanced experience using data warehouse solutions and databases (using tools such as SQL, PL/SQL, DDL, MDX, HiveSQL, SparkSQL, Scala, etc.)
- Have experience analyzing large datasets for statistical analysis, prediction, clustering and machine learning
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals, distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
- Proficiency in building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
- Proficiency in building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources.
- Excellent discretion, judgment, and executive presence
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
Who We Are:
We founded CX Data Labs to bring a new and holistic approach to Data and Analytics needs. Our mission is to further this craft by providing customized strategy execution services. Rather than just analyzing our client’s strategy, our consultants work hand-in-hand with them to customize it and use it to deliver successfully on efforts.
Our Principals have been decision-makers in large global fortune 50 companies. This gives us a unique perspective to help catalyze customer experience through their Data and Analytics, or Technologyu202fModernization journeys. We put our clients first and use our diverse backgrounds to bring forward solutions that can be easily adopted within any organization.
Equal opportunity: CX Data Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, disability, or genetic information.