eCommerce Business Analyst
CORT is a Berkshire Hathaway Company that has been in business since 1971. We are one of the country's leading service providers to businesses and individuals in transition. CORT is the world's leading provider of furniture rental, tradeshow and event furnishings, and relocation and transition services. We have locations throughout the U.S. and in the UK. As an organization, CORT's greatest assets are
the more than 2,000 employees working nationwide.
Today, CORT has more than 100 showrooms, clearance centers and distribution facilities across the United States, operations in the United Kingdom and a Global Network of partners servicing more than 70 countries around the world.
CORT is the nation's leading provider of transition services, helping millions of individuals and more than 80 percent of Fortune 500 companies with their event and relocation needs making a house a home, an office a great place to work and an event a memorable celebration.
CORT is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with ecommerce product and content management experience. Working closely with marketing, sales and IT, this individual will be responsible for driving continuous improvements to CORT's online customer experience.
This position will report to the Manager of Online Operations.
- User experience, fulfillment process and conversion management.
- Manage CORT's residential and workplace furniture ecommerce catalogs.
- Use online analytic tools to measure the effectiveness of CORT's ecommerce strategy and target areas for improvement.
- Bring identified improvements to market which will require process design and project management.
- Work closely with merchandising, marketing and sales to support ongoing advertising or promotional campaigns and with IT to ensure that technical issues or website enhancements are prioritized, designed and developed.
- Manage all online content on a day to day basis. This includes maintaining and updating the CORT.com furniture rental catalog; specifically products, pricing, images, descriptions, SEO, news articles, page content, new pages, landing pages and lead forms.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems or engineering.
- Professional ecommerce experience (2+ years) managing products and content for high traffic websites.
- Experience managing online ecommerce systems such as Oracle Commerce (ATG/Endeca), Magento or Elastic Path. Intermediate HTML knowledge. Experience using Adobe SiteCatalyst and/or Google Analytics.
- Familiar with Agile, specifically SCRUM, or Kanban. Experience with JIRA is a plus.
- Intermediate data management skills necessary to analyze data from multiple sources. This includes knowledge of tools like Access, Excel, and SQL.
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.