Senior Software Engineer
We are a performance-driven digital agency specializing in B2B/B2C high consideration lead-to-sale challenges where analytics plays a very important role. Our clients include a variety of B2B and B2c companies ranging from startup to global corporations. Our culture is fast paced, fun, and results-driven. We offer a casual and flexible work environment in Downtown San Diego.
We are building an analytics and reporting infrastructure to allow us to scale our analysis-as-a-service business. Our technology allows marketers to understand marketing performance and ROI across multiple vendor systems. We are seeking a creative, self-motivated senior-level developer who can help us rapidly add new data sources and support customer growth.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop API integrations from marketing technology vendors (i.e. Salesforce, Marketo, Eloqua, Social Media) to our marketing intelligence system using Python, Boto and AWS.
- Contribute to data architecture and optimizations of the data infrastructure
- Support front-end reporting with SQL queries and optimization
- Help lead new feature development and product development roadmap.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Must have 5+ years hands-on experience with database technology, including RDBMS, ETL, SQL programming. MySQL and Redshift experience highly preferred.
- Strong experience with SAAS integration techniques such as REST APIs, Web Services, text and XML processing
- Experience with AWS, particularly the data management tools (ETL pipelines, EMR) is a huge plus
- Experience with Hadoop is a huge plus
- Experience with visualization and analysis tools, such as Tableau and Excel is a huge plus
- Experience with web analytics tools like Google Analytics and / or Adobe SiteCatalyst is a huge plus
- Experience with CRM, Marketing Automation (Marketo, Eloqua) is a huge plus
- Experience with digital marketing and advertising is a huge plus
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work across multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines
Our Purpose: Helping to build a more authentic, useful, and satisfying digital world.
Our Mission: Empower great people to deliver innovative, user-centered digital solutions that delight our customers by delivering meaningful results.
Our Strength is Our People
When you walk through our doors you can feel the surrounding energy and opportunity. We have an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters creativity and invites innovation. We work hard and play hard; building a collaborative and supportive culture. We believe in building relationships that lead to success for everyone.
So what does it take to work at BusinessOnline?
Passion, courage and ability! We believe that without taking risks and a drive to succeed, there is no growth. We applaud your ideas and challenge you to evolve and grow. We value commitment and your efforts are recognized. Put simply, it’s not just a job; it is a place where you can build a future. We invite ground-breakers, trendsetters and thought-leaders to work with us and usher in tomorrow’s cutting-edge innovations and ideas.
We believe hard work should be rewarded and it permeates our culture. We are a family that works hard and plays hard. Our relationships and friendships are not confined to the office walls. From company-wide Rock Band tournaments, city-wide scavenger hunts, or beautiful sunset cruises along the illustrious San Diego coast; we’re always taking part in building personal relationships that grow the BusinessOnline Family.
We value work-life balance and the overall well-being of our employees. You’ll see that reflected in our comprehensive benefits package — a combination of health care, retirement, profit sharing, paid time off, and other rewards.
In the Community
At BusinessOnline, we believe in giving back to the community. We all love our city and respect it as being America’s finest. We recognize that it takes the collective will of the people to maintain this beautiful community. Volunteerism is embraced collectively and individually. Our team is dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we work and live. Through BusinessOnline’s community outreach program, we have supported many charitable organizations, including: The Surfrider Foundation, Working Wardrobes, The San Diego Food Bank, The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 10x10act and more.
We understand that our people are the key to our success. We invest heavily in professional development — from paid college tuition, internal mentoring and educational programs, certification programs, professional organizations and association memberships. BusinessOnline offers a wide variety of resources to ensure continuous learning and growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BusinessOnLine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics or medical condition, or any other legally-protected category. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for qualified individuals with disabilities.