Analytics & Reporting Engineer
The digital world is rapidly evolving making it an exciting time to be involved in the space. At BusinessOnline we re-imagine the possibilities of online marketing’s future. We firmly believe in adding value to the digital world; that value comes from the spirited contribution of our people.
Our Purpose: Helping to build a more authentic, useful, and satisfying digital world.
Our Mission: Empower great people to deliver innovative, user-centered digital solutions that delight our customers by delivering meaningful results.
We are a performance-driven digital agency specializing in B2B/B2C high consideration lead-to-sale challenges where analytics plays a very important role. Our clients include DIRECTV for BUSINESS, HP, Workday and several hot Silicon Valley B2B startups. Our culture is fast paced, fun, and results-driven. We offer a casual and flexible work environment in Downtown San Diego.
The Analytics and Reporting Engineer will engage in the full development life cycle of an in-house data warehouse and the integration of business intelligence tools to enable more effective strategic, tactical, and operational insights from sales and marketing data. This role is also responsible for technical implementations, troubleshooting, and configuration of analytics products (i.e. Google Analytics).
This will involve working with stakeholders to identify requirements, proposing and implementing creative yet pragmatic solutions, hands-on development to integrate data sources, validating report accuracy and participating in the ongoing maintenance of the system. This role encompasses end-to-end services that will often require this individual to work across the full-stack of front-end, middleware, and backend systems.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to determine requirements, estimate level of effort, and implement solutions for data analysis, reporting, and integration projects across Web Analytics, CRM, and marketing automation systems.
- Manage and improve our data warehouse and database systems
- Develop and implement ETL programs and tools to load data from disparate data sets
- Design and develop visualizations using Tableau and Excel
- Implement, configure, and troubleshoot web analytics implementations (Google Analytics, Adobe SiteCatalyst, Tag Management systems, etc)
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 5 years experience with database technology, including RDBMS, ETL, BI / Data warehousing, SQL programming. MySQL experience highly preferred.
- Experience with SAAS integration techniques such as REST APIs, Web Services, text and XML processing
- Experience with visualization and analysis tools, such as Tableau and Excel
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Web Development, particularly implementing tracking and analytics tagging (experience w/ PHP is a plus)
- Experience with Google Analytics and / or Adobe SiteCatalyst is a huge plus
- Experience with CRM, Marketing Automation (Marketo, Eloqua) is a huge plus
- Experience with digital marketing and advertising is a huge plus
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work across multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines
Our Strength is Our People
When you walk through our doors you can feel the surrounding energy and opportunity. We have an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters creativity and invites innovation. We work hard and play hard; building a collaborative and supportive culture. We believe in building relationships that lead to success for everyone.
So what does it take to work at BusinessOnline?
Passion, courage and ability! We believe that without taking risks and a drive to succeed, there is no growth. We applaud your ideas and challenge you to evolve and grow. We value commitment and your efforts are recognized. Put simply, it’s not just a job; it is a place where you can build a future. We invite ground-breakers, trendsetters and thought-leaders to work with us and usher in tomorrow’s cutting-edge innovations and ideas.
We believe hard work should be rewarded and it permeates our culture. We are a family that works hard and plays hard. Our relationships and friendships are not confined to the office walls. From company-wide Rock Band tournaments, city-wide scavenger hunts, or beautiful sunset cruises along the illustrious San Diego coast; we’re always taking part in building personal relationships that grow the BusinessOnline Family.
We value work-life balance and the overall well-being of our employees. You’ll see that reflected in our comprehensive benefits package — a combination of health care, retirement, profit sharing, paid time off, and other rewards.
In the Community
At BusinessOnline, we believe in giving back to the community. We all love our city and respect it as being America’s finest. We recognize that it takes the collective will of the people to maintain this beautiful community. Volunteerism is embraced collectively and individually. Our team is dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we work and live. Through BusinessOnline’s community outreach program, we have supported many charitable organizations, including: The Surfrider Foundation, Working Wardrobes, The San Diego Food Bank, The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 10x10act and more.
We understand that our people are the key to our success. We invest heavily in professional development — from paid college tuition, internal mentoring and educational programs, certification programs, professional organizations and association memberships. BusinessOnline offers a wide variety of resources to ensure continuous learning and growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BusinessOnLine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics or medical condition, or any other legally-protected category. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for qualified individuals with disabilities.
San Diego, CA 92101