This position is responsible for leading the development of advanced analytics projects and reports that integrate multiple data sources and tables to transform data into actionable insights and solutions. The Data Scientist will work with a team of Analysts, Service Support staff, and IT professionals developing solutions and analytics application projects to meet the needs of multiple university stakeholders including, but not limited to, University Advancement, Institutional Research, and Academic and Student Affairs. This position will be overseeing projects in a variety of institutional areas and would be a main point of contact for end users across the institution for technical solutions to data integration and analytics. Main responsibilities include working with end users to develop reporting tools, create dashboards, and analyze data. You would be collaborating with a team of cross-functional professionals to strive towards making our end users highly productive.
Due to the nature of this position, there will be times when you would be expected to work outside of normal business hours due to system validation after upgrades, application support, etc.
This position is best filled by an individual with:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 6+ years’ experience in programming, managing datasets, and data analysis
- Significant programming skills including coding in Oracle’s PL/SQL and/or Microsoft SQL/T-SQL required
- Experience working with and creating data architectures and using statistical computer software/language (R, SQL, Python, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from multiple datasets as well as advanced knowledge of Excel and database querying
- Experience developing reports/dashboards with Power BI and other data analytics applications for data visualization applications required
- Ellucian Banner, higher education and/or university advancement experience a significant plus
- CRM experience on Microsoft Dynamics 365 a plus
- Coding for web application development a plus
- Proven ability to work with and collaborate in cross-functional Teams
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent analytical, communication and team-working skills required
- Ability to write clear and concise reports/documentation required
Bryant University is a private New England university with a tradition of innovation and a global vision for success. Our new strategic plan, Vision 2030 , sets a trajectory for the next decade through academic excellence, outstanding student life, competitive athletics and student outcomes among the nation’s top 1% for ROI.