SharePoint Architect / Software Engineer
YOU are an excellent SharePoint engineer or architect who is passionate about the craft and art of information management and software development. You aspire to build solutions that are elegant, beautiful, and exactly aligned to customer needs. You love to learn and work with leading-edge technologies. You thrive in entrepreneurial, creative, and innovative environments. You enjoy taking on big challenges, getting the job done, and knowing that your work is critical to the success of your customer, your project, your team, and your company.
WE are a rapidly growing new business with offices in Watertown, MA, New York, NY, and Chicago, IL. We architect and build software solutions that exactly meet customer needs, today and in the future. We strive to match consultants with clients in their local geography so they aren’t travelling all the time.
Our Information Management service line focuses almost exclusively on SharePoint products and technologies. Our other consulting service lines include Creative Design, Mobility, Data Platforms, and Enterprise Services; in combination, these allow us to develop advanced solutions that meet a wide range of client needs.
We are not just a consulting company… we also imagine, design and build products and technologies which we sell to enterprises and consumers. We love engineers with entrepreneurial passion who are interested in bringing ideas to market, and since everyone at BlueMetal receives equity as part of their compensation, we share our success!
More about the position…
As a key part of our Information Management team, you will be responsible for the architecture, design, and development of mission-critical SharePoint solutions for our Fortune 1000 clients. You will work closely with business and IT stakeholders in a collaborative team environment to envision and implement modern SharePoint solutions that are of extremely high quality.
- Work directly with clients first to understand, then to map business needs to technical solutions.
- Assess existing applications and business problems, and recommend approaches. Document and present solutions to technical and business stakeholders. Rapidly prototype and prove solutions using SharePoint and other Microsoft products and technologies.
- Collaborate with a team of senior SharePoint architects and developers to implement the solutions.
We are looking for architects and engineers with deep SharePoint and Microsoft platform skills; you should have hands-on experience developing large, scalable SharePoint solutions. Experience with SharePoint 2010 is a must; knowledge and experience with SharePoint 2013 is a plus. We are seeking people who bring one or more of the following areas of expertise:
- Development: Client side development with jQuery, REST, and Client Object model; Server side development of web parts, workflow actions, timer jobs; general .NET development; packaging of SharePoint Solutions, Features, and Apps
- Infrastructure: SharePoint physical and logical architecture; installing and configuring SharePoint farms; SharePoint security, claims, and federated authentication; SQL Server and storage management
- Composites: Business solutions using InfoPath, workflows, SharePoint lists and libraries
- Information Architecture: Working closely with business and end users to define site structures and document management solutions that are usable, intuitive, and compliant
- Enterprise Content Management and Search: Designing and configuring solutions using managed metadata, content type hub, enterprise search, custom refiners, and search-driven applications
Of course all good architects and engineers have great capabilities beyond just the technology, and some of the attributes that BlueMetal is looking for include:
- Technology consulting or similar business experience
- Demonstrated project experience with regard to estimates, planning, and deliverables
- Proven ability to understand a customer's needs
- Experience developing technical requirements based on business imperatives
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including base salary, bonus, medical, dental, and vision plans, FSA, LTD and life insurance coverage, 401(k) plan, and equity in the company through participation in an equity incentive plan.
Watertown, MA 02472