Senior DB2 Database Administrator
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi
The Senior DB2 Data Base Administrator position is responsible for designing, supporting and implementing data base management system (DBMS) objects, implementing effective DBMS security practices, establishing and monitoring backup schedules and coordinating issues with systems support. Senior Data Base Administrator is responsible to ensure data integrity and performance of production databases and also responsible for the planning, managing, and support of all mainframe database applications.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or Management is required.
- Must have at least 8+ years of DBA experience with DB2 and associated tools in a mainframe environment.
- Experience with JCL and SQL including DDL, DML, and DCL.
- Experience with standard IBM utilities and tools including Image Copy, Recovery, REORG, RUNSTATS, Load, Bind, Explain, SPUFI, and QMF.
- Excellent understanding of relational data base technology.
- Knowledge of data base modeling and design techniques.
- Knowledge of effective procedures and techniques involved in data base programming.
- Understanding of system development lifecycle.
Knowledge of Netezza database appliance and data ware house modeling is preferred.