Senior Data Scientist
Requisition ID: 181219
Position Title: Senior Data Scientist
Location: Reston, VA
Bechtel Corporation is seeking a Senior Data Scientist for its highly anticipated Data & Analytics Center of Excellence (COE). The Data & Analytics COE will be housed within the company’s Information Systems & Technology division and will play a vital role in enhancing the user experience and enabling optimal decisions to be made across the organization that will transform and drastically increase our company performance.
If you are passionate about big data analytics and are willing to embrace the challenge of dealing with several petabytes of data on a daily basis, we want to hear from you. We have the technology and the resources to collect, manage and visualize large sets of data. We need you to use our multiple platforms to turn this information into valuable insights and help us to predict the likelihood of safety incidents in our jobsites, analyze productivity trends, better manage construction indirect cost, among many other challenges.
- Collaborate with a team of other data scientists, data engineers, and business subject matter experts in order to solve complex business problems using machine learning and statistics
- Recommend which approaches will be effective in various situations and will be able to implement these approaches independently without guidance
- PhD in Statistics, Computer Science (Machine Learning or data processing focus), or other data rich technical field. A PhD can be substituted with significant industry experience in machine learning and statistics.
- 10+ years of experience in applying machine learning techniques and algorithms
- 7+ years of experience with standard natural language processing techniques
- Programming proficiency in a subset of Python, R, Java, and Scala
- Significant experience analyzing data with SQL
- Applied statistics understanding
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and cloud-based systems
- Exposure to large-scale data analysis systems, such as Hadoop or MPP databases
- 6+ years’ experience in writing technical documents and reports, such as research papers
- Experience with data visualization tools and methodologies
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries. Bechtel is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability employer.