Sr. Consulting Engineer
Attivio is the leading provider of data discovery accelerators, content analytics, and strategic search-based applications. By providing immediate visibility into all of an organization¹s information, Attivio helps business intelligence and IT pros empower decision makers with a 360-degree view of their business so they can act with certainty and achieve global impact.
Our people are our most important investment. We offer great health & dental insurance, 401K, unlimited paid time off & tuition reimbursement. Our office is located steps from the Green Line and we offer free parking.
Voted “Best Company Culture” by Venture Fizz
Attivio is seeking a highly energetic and self-motivated Professional Services Engineer to work on various challenging projects in our fast-paced organization. Candidates for consideration should enjoy working in a dynamic team environment, have a desire to work on cutting-edge technologies, have related technical education, and have an enthusiasm to learn. This role requires deep technical knowledge and hands-on capabilities, problem solving skills, presentation ability, business understanding, and a passion to constantly learn and adapt new technologies and methodologies.
- Work in a dynamic learning environment
- Use cutting-edge information retrieval and analysis software.
- Work onsite at customer location up to 50% of the time
- Assist in resolving complex technical issues.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Experience with Agile development
- Excellent knowledge of Java
- 5+ years experience building complex, distributed enterprise-scale systems, most recently with Java.
- Experience with databases, SQL, Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse solutions.
- Experience with integrating or architecting systems of systems deployments for enterprise customers, such as ERP, Data Warehousing/BI or Information Retrieval.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Search products, including open source products like Lucene/SOLR, desired but not essential
- Ability to work in a team and one-on-one with Attivio engineers.
- Strong written, verbal communication skills
- Strong planning, documentation and organizational skills.
- Exceptionally strong technical trouble-shooting and systematic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced, result-driven environment
- A BS/CS or equivalent
In addition, the ideal candidates will have experience with ANY of the following:
- Spring framework
- Hadoop (Hive, YARN, HBase)
- Web services
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Extract/Transform/Load (ETL)
- Linguistics, semantic analysis, categorization and/or text mining, query optimization, performance profiling & optimization
- Business intelligence systems, relational databases (especially query optimization, indexing schemes, etc).