Senior Data Engineer
We’re on a mission to revive and modernize the American Dream by bringing the homebuilding process online.
We're not taking a traditional approach, and we're not looking for traditional thinkers. Working at Atmos on the early team puts you at the cornerstone of flipping a multi-century old problem on its head. We are looking for talented individuals who not only challenge the norm, but challenge us as a team.
We couldn't be more excited to work at the intersection of software and the real world. We believe that this is where our society's best progress will come from in the next 10 years.
We come from companies like NASA, Facebook, Cameo, Root Insurance, Opendoor, CBRE, Toll Brothers, etc. We're backed by top tier investors and are building a real business fueled by real revenue — not just venture capital.
- You are a data-minded engineer focused on building robust data systems that improve the backbone of data-first applications.
- You can boil down complex problems into elegant solutions and implement them.
- You're able to ideate on new services/features and build them from scratch; you can take a problem and run with it until deployment.
- You have designed, built, and maintained production-grade data systems (pipelines, pass-through systems, models, etc.) and infrastructure (storage, ETL, API for analysis and user-facing services, etc.).
- You have a strong grasp of engineering fundamentals.
- You are excited about working on a small team and helping us set the long term vision for our engineering organization and data direction.
- You care more about solving a problem and building the right system than about using a particular technology to do it.
About the Role
- You'll be an early engineer, joining a team of 4 exceptional engineers.
- You'll be shipping major services and features often, owning a large part of our early data infrastructure and working closely with leadership to define Atmos's data team as it grows.
- We mean what we say: we want you to do the best work of your life at Atmos. We want to give you the responsibility to build the future of living, and we take this commitment seriously.
- Experience in Python
- Experience in general data engineering concepts/services (ETL, storage, analysis tools, various data architectures)
- Experience with some pipeline orchestration tool, preferably Airflow
- Experience in developing REST APIs to serve backend and web clients, preferably using Flask
- Experience working with various teams to understand data requirements/use-cases to define applications
- Nice-to-haves include experience in Airflow, data science, Google Cloud Platform, DevOps
- node.js + Express
- Google Cloud Platform
- GCP BigQuery
$200,000 and up