Data Analytics Manager
POSITION SUMMARY (Basic purpose or primary function of job)
The Data Analytics Manager is responsible for ensuring all interfaces, data exchanges, data integrity, troubleshooting data and database issues. Manages the DM program database, caging, subscription vendors, membership projection process and audit. Manages data integrity and reporting for direct response online analytics and from arthritis.org to ensure that advertising and partnerships benefits are fulfilled, and new revenue opportunities can be realized.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Principal responsibilities or job duties)
- Direct and manage the status of the Arthritis Foundation’s marketing databases (including database vendors) to ensure accuracy, integrity and structure are maintained to maximize value for direct response fundraising and other direct marketing efforts.
- Manage all interfaces and exchange of information from or to any DM marketing databases and ensure timeliness and accuracy of each.
- Collaborate with internal IT staff to troubleshoot and communicate needs. Additionally, help manage integrity and accuracy of any data acquired and utilized for testing, enhancement or reporting.
- Manage data-related processes involved with the Direct Marketing Program caging operations to ensure the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of services conducted.
- Oversee the internal reporting functions, database outputs for Direct Marketing.
- Direct and manage the development and implementation of special projects as assigned. This includes, but is not limited to, data analysis, testing, etc.
- Manage the process of preparing Direct Marketing Program membership projections throughout the year (6-9 times annually).
- Work collaboratively with the Circulation vendor, DM Agency and Advertising Team to ensure magazine rate base guarantees are met and to review and approve bi-monthly and semi-annual circulation auditing reports to ensure accurate and timely submission to the Alliance for Audited Media (AAM)
- Develop the annual master print order schedule for the magazine with required projected print quantities.
- Direct and manage the development and implementation of projects as assigned related to outside performance indicators provided by outside vendors.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary sources and maintain reporting systems for online efforts.
- Fulfill requests for website analytics for revenue planning, meeting prep, proposals, impact reports, and other revenue department needs.
- Interpret and analyze data to provide ongoing reports, that include standardized ongoing feedback and total program impact from online efforts including arthritis.org.
- Develop and implement criteria for strategic data collection, data analytics and other strategies that optimize direct response online goals and Corporate programs and partnerships from online efforts.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret online trends or patterns on benefit fulfillment for Direct Response & Corporate programs and partnerships, and recommend course corrections or opportunities where applicable.
- Work with Corporate and Marketing teams to prioritize business and information needs from online efforts to drive revenue renewal and expansion.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related area.
- Five years’ experience in database marketing with some exposure and familiarity with analytics preferably in a large non-profit organization or direct marketing agency.
- Proven success in analyzing customer information and recommending marketing strategies to various segments of a database to increase net yield per name and/or performance of product or service offerings.
- Experience with implementing national direct marketing strategies, membership strategy experience.
- Experience with development and maintenance of databases and knowledge of database management and analysis.
- Experience with analyzing website key performance metrics & trends and producing reports for online analytics. Familiarity with Google Analytics and Marketo preferred.
- Ability to work in cross-disciplinary teams with proven project management skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND TIME ALLOCATIONS
- Ensure data integrity, interface, tracking, enhancement of the Arthritis Foundation’s DM database, subscription and caging vendors -- 50%
- Arthritis.org & DM Online metrics and reporting to drive revenue renewals and new revenue opportunities -- 30%
- Participate in ad hoc projects or analysis -- 10%
- Provide reporting, membership projections, budget input or audit information on an ongoing basis -- 10%
- Total -- 100%
The Arthritis Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer