EdTech Data Scientist (Marketing)
Art of Problem Solving
Art of Problem Solving (AoPS) develops educational opportunities for many of the most eager students in the world. Since 2003, we have trained tens of thousands of the country’s top students, including nearly all the members of the US International Math Olympiad team, through our online school, learning centers, textbooks, and online learning systems. Over the years, our international online community of advanced problem solvers has grown to over 800,000 members. While our primary focus has been math for most of our history, we have expanded into new subjects, such as language arts, science, and computer science.
We are searching for an insatiably curious and optimization-driven data scientist to help drive K-12 student enrollment for our online math programs.
This might be the job for you if…
You’re excited to build out leading-edge e-commerce marketing analytics systems in a world trending toward increasing data privacy, and you love the idea of building alongside world-class mathematicians who can help you think better about the greater challenge. You’ll increase your e-commerce marketing skillset while testing, optimizing, and reporting across our website, performance marketing, and email channels to continually improve our cost-per-acquisition rates.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Drive customer acquisition and increased LTV through a structured experimentation process, including hypothesis development, experiment design, implementation oversight, and test conclusion
- Deep analysis of the campaign and channel performance to determine ROI and optimization opportunities
- Build out our marketing attribution reporting system and KPI dashboards, and perform advanced full-funnel analysis for better marketing channel spend allocation
- Develop financial marketing forecast modeling and budgeting in partnership with our finance team
- Prepare performance-marketing results and recommendation reports using channel-specific dashboards, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and our proprietary marketing attribution dashboards
- Search out potential customer roadblocks and friction across the customer journey (using tools like Google Analytics and HotJar) and work to develop testable conversion rate optimization (CRO) solutions
- Develop systematic messaging, creative and audience segmentation testing strategies across advertising platforms (Facebook Ads, Google Adwords) and our email service provider (ActiveCampaign)
- Partner with the development team on back-end integrations and ensure transaction-level and user-level tagging by marketing sources for full data visibility
- Analyze website traffic and e-commerce KPIs to determine UX issues and opportunities
- Maintain AoPS-specific best practice documentation to memorialize and scale test learnings across all of our programs
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, quantitative, statistics or related field
- 2+ years of professional experience in a marketing analyst, quantitative analysis role, or equivalent
- Proficient in using SQL to write complex queries that join data across multiple systems
- Experience with marketing analytics and reporting tools (Google Analytics, Google Data Studio) and CRO measurement tools (Google Optimize) is a plus
- Proficient with data analysis programming languages such as Python or R is a plus
- Strong statistical fundamentals
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and research skills
Please note that employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Perks and Benefits:
This full-time position will be based at our headquarters in San Diego, CA. Some benefits of the position include:
- Casual work environment
- Hybrid work week with a flexible schedule
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K plan with company match
- Year-end bonus
- Relocation bonus (if currently located outside of San Diego)
Please note that in order to be considered for this position you must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.