Systems Engineer 3995
Arcfield is a leading provider of full lifecycle, mission-focused systems engineering and integration capabilities to the U.S. government and its allies. The company has more than 60 years of proven experience providing advanced engineering and analysis, IT and C5ISR capabilities to support our nation’s most critical national security missions. Headquartered in Chantilly, VA and with 16 offices around the world, Arcfield employs approximately 1,200 engineers, analysts, IT specialists, and other professionals who put our customers’ missions first, helping them solve their most complex challenges through innovations in modeling, simulation and analysis, digital transformation and C5ISR. Visit arcfield.com for more details.
Please Note - This Position Requires an Active TS/SCI with FS Poly
The selected individual will support the Sponsor organization's Technical Director with strategic planning, requirements definition, use case development, architectural design, governance, and other as needed criteria to efficiently create, organize, process, store, and utilize data collected from multiple sources. Responsibilities typify those attributed to system engineering technical assistance (SETA) and include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborating with multiple stakeholders to define requirements and resolve discrepancies between proposed plans and established standards
- Assisting engineers with documentation in support of network architectures, illustrating and documenting new and existing networks; and architectural and operational guidelines with the appropriate level of abstraction for deployment and operations
- Providing technical subject matter expertise to ensure successful delivery, deployment and transition of systems for production use
- Coordinating project documentation with Engineering, Operations, and Mission Partners; ensuring appropriate levels of peer reviews and Engineering Review Board (ERB) review/approvals
- Defining/documenting roles and responsibilities for project team, stakeholders, and Mission Partners (as applicable)
- Active TS/SCI with FS Poly
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Minimum of 10 years' experience, including 5 years with leading a technical team or as an individual contributor with
- Implementing/managing a data flow of multiple datasets, movement of data to multiple systems, and ETL (extract, transform, load) implementation of data
- Integrating systems
- Using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Ability to illustrate complex technical issues clearly and accurately for consumption by both technical and non-technical audiences, e.g., Network Architectures, drawings, and leading whiteboard technical discussions
- Working knowledge of Sponsor's network/system capabilities, best practices, and policies/procedures, including cloud and general systems governance
- Strong oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Desired experience leading a technical team or as an individual contributor with
- Moving data across domains - through Cross Domain Solutions
- Implementing health & monitoring solutions and provenance for a data flow, data tagging, data normalizations, and data enrichments
- Using Apache NiFi
- Developing web applications within the last 5 years
- Implementing a data flow for enterprise tagging, enterprise formats, and enterprise
- systems within the environment of the Sponsor or Sponsor's community
Equal Pay Act
Min: $107,199.97 - Max: $257,599.92
We are required to compile the following information for statistical purposes in order to comply with certain federal regulations relating to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action requirements. The information you provide is strictly on a voluntary basis, and the content of the information will not affect your eligibility for employment. Likewise, if you choose not to provide this information it will not affect your eligibility for employment in any way.
For your reference:
•Hispanic or Latino - A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race.
•White (not Hispanic or Latino) - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.
•Black or African American (not Hispanic or Latino) - A person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa.
•Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander (not Hispanic or Latino) - A person having origins in any of the peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.
•Asian (not Hispanic or Latino) - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian Subcontinent, including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.
•American Indian or Alaska Native (not Hispanic or Latino) - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America ), and who maintain tribal affiliation or community attachment.
•Two or More Races (not Hispanic or Latino) - A person who identifies with more than one of the following, as defined above: White; Black or African American; Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander; Asian; or American Indian or Alaska Native.