Data Engineer 3963
Arcfield is a leading provider of full lifecycle, mission-focused systems engineering and integration capabilities to the U.S. government and its allies. The company has more than 60 years of proven experience providing advanced engineering and analysis, IT and C5ISR capabilities to support our nation’s most critical national security missions. Headquartered in Chantilly, VA and with 16 offices around the world, Arcfield employs approximately 1,200 engineers, analysts, IT specialists, and other professionals who put our customers’ missions first, helping them solve their most complex challenges through innovations in modeling, simulation and analysis, digital transformation and C5ISR. Visit arcfield.com for more details.
Please Note This Job Requires an Active TS/SCI with FS Poly
The Data Engineer will support the Sponsor's organization with leveraging best practices to implement means to efficiently create, organize, process, store, and utilize data collected from multiple sources. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical expertise in the use of various data applications, tools, and services
- Evaluate and recommend available data management tools, services, and products to support validated user and/or system requirements
- Refining (and potentially re-defining) existing ETL (extract, transform, load) processes
- Define file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for specific user applications
- Plan and coordinate security measures-data integrity, backup systems, and database security
- Experience with data modeling and ETL development (data processing automation)
- Experience with Apache NiFi, Java, Python
- Experience with data flow (health & status monitoring and metrics)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and AWS tool suite that optimizes the managing of data flow
- Able to implement solutions and critical thinking using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Experience with successful full life-cycle software development projects
- Demonstrated knowledge in enterprise data strategy, data governance practices, data stewardship principles, data architecture principles, data standards, and metadata management best practices
- Experience with Machine Learning (ML), Interactive Data Language (IDL), and Sponsor's OSN a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Minimum of 10 years' experience
- Active TS/SCI with FS Poly
Equal Pay Act
Min: $111,703.20 - Max: $268,421.13
Learn about Arcfield and view all open positions at Arcfield.com.
We are required to compile the following information for statistical purposes in order to comply with certain federal regulations relating to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action requirements. The information you provide is strictly on a voluntary basis, and the content of the information will not affect your eligibility for employment. Likewise, if you choose not to provide this information it will not affect your eligibility for employment in any way.
For your reference:
•Hispanic or Latino - A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race.
•White (not Hispanic or Latino) - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.
•Black or African American (not Hispanic or Latino) - A person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa.
•Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander (not Hispanic or Latino) - A person having origins in any of the peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.
•Asian (not Hispanic or Latino) - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian Subcontinent, including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.
•American Indian or Alaska Native (not Hispanic or Latino) - A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America), and who maintain tribal affiliation or community attachment.
•Two or More Races (not Hispanic or Latino) - A person who identifies with more than one of the following, as defined above: White; Black or African American; Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander; Asian; or American Indian or Alaska Native.